Rattlesnake by jazzdc - Model Shipways

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

See update on progress of Rattlesnake Model Shipways by jazzdc. This represents 2 years of work. This is my first wooden ship. I have only finished one other ship which was the plastic Golden Hind. I have another post with the first year's work of the Rattlesnake. I appreciate the help I have received from other modelers of varying skill at this site. Seeing photos of other work has helped me tremendously and I hope these photos 

are useful to another modeler; particularly a novice like myself. 

IMG_3967.jpgIMG_4295.thumb.jpg.fe595c8a546053c2d5a179d069fdebb3.jpg

IMG_3468.jpg

IMG_3470.jpg

IMG_3471.jpg

IMG_3472.jpg

IMG_3473.jpg

IMG_3474.jpg

IMG_3531.jpg

IMG_3532.jpg

IMG_3553.jpg

IMG_3563.jpg

IMG_3564.jpg

IMG_3565.jpg

IMG_3992.jpg

IMG_3993.jpg

IMG_3994.jpg

IMG_4158.jpg

IMG_4159.jpg

IMG_4215.jpg

IMG_4241.jpg

IMG_4251.jpg

IMG_4293.jpg

IMG_4296.jpg

IMG_4299.jpg

IMG_4300.jpg

IMG_4302.jpg

IMG_4303.jpg

Nice progress!  Isn’t that a sheet music on the first pic? What kind of music is that? Strange, but I keep some violin pieces near my building desk too )) For me building of wooden ships has much in common with building musical instruments and classical musicianship. However when I go plastic planes/armor I turn on my guitar setup 😉 Keep up building Rattlesnake! Best Regards)

Dmitriy- thanks for your kind comments. That is sheet music of chords and melody for a jazz performer. I only perform part time now, but I performed for 40 years as a professional. I play sax, flute and congas. My wife plays the concert harp. I play jazz with the sax and I accompany my wife on flute for classical performances. 

• 5 months later...

Jazzdc,

Please do not start any more new topics for this build.  Just go down to the bottom of the page and add to it.  Having one build scattered all over the place doesn't help anyone trying to follow your build.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)