canoe21

Oliver Cromwell by canoe21 - 1:48 scale

Hello Kevin

I quote [ Lovely work,  lol i hope the comfort of the matresses is up to standard] I am sure that the mattress pads will be very comply as my Admiral sets very high standards in her sewing ,                                                                          ENJOY.

Regards   Lawrence 

Hello Ship Mates

We have did a little more on our Oliver Cromwell build, We have added the 3 break down bulkheads for the 3 cabins on the Starboard Side, those of the Gunner, Lieutenant and also the Purser. Can not seam to get going since our R&R Vacation, it could be the summer heat as it has been quite warm here the last little while., but as time goes on things should improve,                                ENJOY.

Regards   Lawrence

IMG_5424.JPG

IMG_5425.JPG

Hello Ship Mates

Back in the Old Ship Yard again, after working with Bulkheads and Cabins on the Lower Deck. For so long the little fellows and I decided to get back with some larger timbers. We have cut and dry fitted all of the Beams for the Main Deck. The after Beams are clamped in place for the fitting of the Carlings that in time will support the Ledge Beams.

We do realize that we have gotten just a bit ahead of our selves. Were waiting for the Grating to arrive but it looks like we will have to set up our little Byrnes Table Saw and cut a few of our own.

We will have to speak with our Electrical Technician's about the mess of piled up wires in the Well Area, not a nice sight as it is,                Enjoy.

Regards   Lawrence  

IMG_5426.JPG

IMG_5427.JPG

8 hours ago, mtaylor said:

Lawrence,

Lovely work, my friend.  She's coming together beautifully.

Thank you Mark, the fitting of the Carlings and the Ledge Beams will require a lot of fitting, but first I must turn my attention on the Gratings for the Lower Deck and those mattress pads,                                                          ENJOY.

Regards   Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates

Well we did have some Laser Grating on ordered but it has not come as yet, and we did want to start closing up the Lower Deck. So to make a story short the little fellows and I set up the Byrne’s table saw and made a simple jig to cut the Gratings on. We then assembled the Grating for the Mane Hatch and built a Hatch Coaming for it. We now have to do the same for the Forward Hatch and also for the little Hatch in front of the Aft Pantry,         ENJOY.

Regards   Lawrence

IMG_5431.JPG

IMG_5428.JPG

IMG_5429.JPG

IMG_5430.JPG

IMG_5432.JPG

IMG_5433.JPG

took some time to catch up to your log Lawrence........some really great modeling there,  in spite of all that gone on lately.  glad to hear that your son made it through the surgery OK.......don't envy the road to recovery.   I had an uncle that had the same illness.   he lived to a ripe old age,  so I have no doubt that your son will be fine...........sounds like he's in good hands too :) 

stay strong.......me 'en the admiral will keep a light on ;) 

3 hours ago, popeye the sailor said:

took some time to catch up to your log Lawrence........some really great modeling there,  in spite of all that gone on lately.  glad to hear that your son made it through the surgery OK.......don't envy the road to recovery.   I had an uncle that had the same illness.   he lived to a ripe old age,  so I have no doubt that your son will be fine...........sounds like he's in good hands too :) 

stay strong.......me 'en the admiral will keep a light on ;) 

Hello Dennis, I thank you very much for your very kind words they are very much appreciated. Yes our son has a long hard struggle ahead of him. He is not telling us a whole lot as he does not want his mother to worry.

Back in the Old Ship Yard the little fellows and I are trying to keep busy, we are working on the 3 Gratings on the Lower Deck that must be completed before we can glue in the Beams and Carlings for the Mane Deck,                                                                    ENJOY

Regards   Lawrence 

2 hours ago, DocBlake said:

Great job on the gratings!

Thanks Dave, yes the gratings are a challenge in them selves. I did have some Laser Cur Gratings on order but they have not come as yet and I wanted  to continue working on the Beams and Carlings for the Mane Deck so I ended up making my own, a rather fun job,                          ENJOY.

Regards   Lawrence

1 hour ago, Kevin said:

i love the way you are going through this build, well done to you and the team

Thank you Kevin, yes this build is very interesting and challenging at the same time,                                  ENJOY.

Regards   Lawrence

4 hours ago, cog said:

Well done Lawrence. You really are picking up fast. The "dark side" suits you!

Thank you Carl, yes a bit of a break is always a treat, and it helps,                                          ENJOY.

Regards   Lawrence

8 hours ago, mtaylor said:

Nice work on the grates, Lawrence.   You've taken to scratch building like a fish takes to water.

Thanks Mark, Yes this scratch building dose give the builder a lot of opportunity to add a lot of detail that I love to do,                    ENJOY.

Regards   Lawrence

1 hour ago, Omega1234 said:

Hi Lawrence

I echo everyone’s comments about the gratings.  They’re seriously nice!

Well done!

Cheers. 

Patrick

Thanks Patrick, I did have laser cut Gratings on order but they have not arrived as yet and I wanted to start closing in the Upper Deck Beams and Carlings and these Gratings had to be installed first, they were rather fun to build,                                             ENJOY.

Regards   Lawrence

3 minutes ago, canoe21 said:

Thanks Patrick, I did have laser cut Gratings on order but they have not arrived as yet and I wanted to start closing in the Upper Deck Beams and Carlings and these Gratings had to be installed first, they were rather fun to build,                                             ENJOY.

Regards   Lawrence

Why wait, when you can do it better yourself, anyway!

Hello Ship Mates

Well the little fellows and I have finally completed the 3 Gratings for the Lower Deck and we did install them last night. My Admiral has not as yet sewed up the 8 required mattress pads for this deck as she is all tied up with crouching a baby blanket for our soon to arrive Great Grand Child, but these can be installed at a later date and before the Mane deck is planked. We found the Gratings a rather fun thing to build but a bit finicky,    ENJOY.

Regards   Lawrence

IMG_5434.JPG

IMG_5435.JPG

Hello Ship Mates

The little fellows and I have spent the last week and a half working on and installing the Beams, Ledges and the Carlings that support the Mane Deck. These are all installed except for the Ledges around the Riding Pins and those around the ships well as these give us access to the Led Lighting that will be installed on the Lower Deck, this will be our next task,                                              Enjoy.

Regards   Lawrence

IMG_5436.JPG

IMG_5437.JPG

IMG_5438.JPG

Hello Ship Mates

It has been a rather busy week for the little fellows and I in the Old Ship Yare. We installed our Led Lamps on the lower deck and cleaned up that mess of wires in the ships Well area. We also installed a backer outer plank on the Main Deck as with the up and coming Cut Outs the staggered Deck Beams surely would have been an eye sour. We also at this time gave the Lower deck area a couple of coats of Tung Oil, it sure dose spruce up the wood. To top up our week we built a couple of sets of Stairs to be give access to the Lower Deck area,               ENJOY.

Regards   Lawrence

IMG_5439.JPG

IMG_5440.JPG

IMG_5441.JPG

3 hours ago, cog said:

Spick and span, those stairs turned out well, Lawrence

• Thank you Carl, the stairs are really not all that hard to do if you have a Byrnes table saw,                ENJOY.            
  •  
  • Regards   Lawrence                   

7 hours ago, Backer said:

As always.

Nice work Lawrence 

Thank you Patrick, things should start coming together a bit more quickly now,                                           ENJOY.

Regards   Lawrence