The Hayling Hoy of 1759 is now afloat and available from SeaWatchBooks. The Hoy, which is a small single masted ship, was used to carry small amounts of freight and /or passangers along England's east coast. 

The monograph, complete with building plans, is designed for first time plank on frame builders or for the more experienced builder who wants a small, fun project in between major builds. Check out all information and ordering instructions from seawatchbooks.com

Thanks,

Bob Friedman

Great news!  Big thanks to Sea Watch Books and Mr Friedman for continuing to publish such wonderful works.  Also a big thanks to the dedication of Mr Antscherl and all the authors who work so hard to bring knowledge us.

I,m seriously thinking of buying this book now that I know the plans are 1:48. My Cheerful build should be finished by late autumn and I fancy doing a second scratch build of a small ship, Guess I'll just have to suck up the ludicrously expensive postage of 30$ US :angry: (over 40% of the book price) 

Dave :dancetl6:

Redshirt: Yes, all the frames, etc., are lofted for you on the plan set.

DocBlake: I'm sure you could enlarge plans to 1:24 for your private use.

Davyboy: Sorry to read that postage rates are so steep to Switzerland.

Be sure to sign up for an epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series  http://trafalgar.tv

Looks like a nice birthday present for me in autumn :)

Regards Christian

Current build: HM Cutter Alert, 1777; HM Sloop Fly, 1776 - 1/36

On the drawing board: English Ship Sloops Fly, 1776, Comet, 1783 and Aetna, 1776; Naval Cutter Alert, 1777

Paused: HMS Triton, 1771 - 1/48

"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." Salvador Dali