Chebece 1750 by Forlani Daniel - FINISHED - 1:48

• 2 weeks later...

Daniel

Great metal work.

I have even more regard for your abilities now.  I acquired a set of plans for LE REQUIN from ANCRE in Paris.  Thinking I would also try to build LE REQUIN.

I studied the plans.  They are very detailed and complex.  A build like yours is beyond my abilities.

Keep up the great work.

Robert

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Stunning carving work.   

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Good morning and thanks to all, I continue with the sculptures....

Hi, I'll put up the link where I started to learn how to make sculptures, and I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Bill Short who helped me a lot with his book.

DSCN6257.JPG

DSCN6260.JPG

DSCN6261.JPG

DSCN6263.JPG

DSCN6265.JPG

DSCN6269.JPG

Un saluto.

Edited by Forlani daniel

Good morning and thanks to all, more photos of the stern decorations.

DSCN6270.JPG

DSCN6271.JPG

DSCN6273.JPG

DSCN6276.JPG

DSCN6280.JPG

DSCN6286.JPG

Since Tiziano Mainardi and Gérard Delacroix had pointed out to me an error in the lines of the frames of the painted pictures, I have fixed them; I hope they are now correct.

DSCN6372.JPG

DSCN6371.JPG

DSCN6376.JPG

Un Saluto.

Edited by Forlani daniel

10 minutes ago, moreplovac said:

I was distracted by perfect workmanship and maybe missed somewhere the scale; could you pls let me know the dimensions of this fine model?

The scale in the title is 1:48.   From the dimensions on the ANCRE site.... 110 cm (43 inches) long.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)