Professional Building Slip - Hobbyzone

It was sold out everywhere also but i finally contacted Hobbyzone and they told if ita not in their shop in a month they will make one for me. And they did-really happy with product.

So if not available then its always possible to contact them and ask.

Vahur

Hobbymill.EU

4 hours ago, Roandad said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Hi all

some have mentioned using wing nuts (butterfly nuts) instead of the standard nuts for the clamp fixings. Does anyone know the thread size needed, looks like the bolts are just shy of 5mm

thanks

Take one into your local hardware store.  They usually have gages to check size and proper threads to match what you have with what they sell.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

If anyone in the USA is interested, I have one of these which I'm not going to use. It is still in the original box with seal intact.

I bought one in 2019 and it arrived with some broken parts. So I contacted Hobbyworld USA and they said they would send those parts to me. But then nothing happened over the next couple months and they weren't responding anymore to my emails. So I fixed the original one assuming I wasn't getting a replacement for the broken parts. Then out of the blue about 6 months later I received a brand new one, the whole thing without explanation. It's just been sitting here unopened. It still has the outer black plastic they used to protect it (looks like a folded up trash bag to me).

Anyways, if interested it is available. I paid $64.99 at the time plus shipping. I'll sell it for $60 plus shipping, preferably UPS which is most convenient for me. (or pick up for free from Columbia MO)

The box weighs a little over 17 pounds and measures 41" x 11" x 4"

I will put this message in the selling area too, that's probably where it's supposed to go...

Dave

Building slip.jpg

Dave Barnard

Current build: HMS Speedy (Vanguard Models)

On hold: Niagara (Model Shipways), Constitution (Mamoli)

Completed:

Marseille (Mamoli)

Duke William (Kammerlander)

Halifax (Lauck Street Shipyard)

On 12/12/2021 at 10:27 PM, mtaylor said:

Take one into your local hardware store.  They usually have gages to check size and proper threads to match what you have with what they sell.

I’ve just received my box, and am building with the wing nuts and wing bolts modifications as suggested.  I took a gauge and some m5 nuts and bolts I have,  and have purchased m5 wing things from Amazon, due to be delivered in a couple of hours.

Dave, do you still have the slip available?

Finished: Billings Nordkap / Billings Boulogne Etaples / Billings Evelyn / Billings Elbjorn

In progress: Billings HMS Endeavour / Billings HMS Bounty / Caldercraft HMS Pickle / Amati HMS Vanguard / Caldercraft HMS Victory / Caldercraft HMS Badger / Caldercraft HMS Diana / Caldercraft HMS Snake / Amati HMS Pegasus

In the dim distant past: Model Slipway Wyeforce / Mountfleet Models Boston Typhoon (abandoned build) / Bluejacket Charles P. Notman (abandoned)

• 1 month later...

I did sell the building slip I mentioned above, had an inquiry recently so wanted to state this is sold. Thank you.

Dave Barnard

Current build: HMS Speedy (Vanguard Models)

On hold: Niagara (Model Shipways), Constitution (Mamoli)

Completed:

Marseille (Mamoli)

Duke William (Kammerlander)

Halifax (Lauck Street Shipyard)

• 1 year later...

I just got mine from Hobby Zone, no delay in Customs.  But I have a couple of questions:

• Has anyone sealed the MDF?  It can be a bit crumbly, especially if the screws are overtightened.
  • I like the idea of reversing the nuts and replacing the bolts with wingnuts.  But, does anyone know what thread pitch they are?  I'm not excited about opening the hardware bag and walking through Home Depot and/or Ace Hardware with loose screws/nuts/bolts in my pocket. 

Anyway, thank you for this review and build out.  

Current Build:  Heller HMS Victory 1:100

On Hold:  Bounty Jollyboat, Aritsana Latina

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...