CDW

USS Independence LCS-2 by CDW - FINISHED - Trumpeter - 1:350

2 hours ago, CDW said:

In time, will likely build that model, too

You mean you haven't started it yet?:D If you do half as well as you did on the Independence then they will make an impressive pair.

https://www.amazon.com/Trumpeter-Freedom-LCS1-Littoral-Combat/dp/B005SZ5CIW

https://www.hobbylinc.com/trumpeter-uss-freedom-lcs-1-lottoral-combat-ship-plastic-model-military-ship-1:350-scale-4549?source=froogle&gclid=Cj0KCQjwnZXbBRC8ARIsABEYg6CpAf7E4zJ9N12j7MjnsnzQeed6JcFebN9EDLREl4v2iCcSMlGuyv8aAqKpEALw_wcB

https://www.amazon.com/Bronco-BNCN5028-Worth-LCS-3-MODEL/dp/B00B7ZD5Q8/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_21_bs_t_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=DBTVCJ2CD10VCY43MMSV

I agree, I don't really know which design I like better, but the Freedom does look impressive underway. At 47 knots though I suspect it is quite the ride.

Edited by lmagna

I don't know what kind of Jedi mind tricks my camera is playing on me today. Apparently it doesn't like the settings for outdoor pictures, but I have no idea what settings to change unless I read the owner's manual. I guess I better start reading the manual, but no time for that now. Got to go to a birthday party.

DSCN1587edit.jpg

DSCN1588edit.jpg

DSCN1589edit.jpg

DSCN1590edit.jpg

DSCN1591edit.jpg

57 minutes ago, RGL said:

That looks really good. My only weathering suggestions would be to use some pastels on the rear or flight deck

Thanks Greg. Saving those for the very last thing. Wanted those deck decals to be good and dry. 

5 hours ago, Jack12477 said:

It is the white balance WB setting, change from indoor (tungsten) to Daylight,   in Daylight the tungsten setting creates a blueish cast to the light;  in contrast the Daylight setting will cause a yellowish or orangeish cast when used indoors.

On the top left hand side of my camera (looking at it from the back of the camera) there is a wheel with a mark of "WB" on it, along with other marks. Is that the mark that should be set to WB? It was set on a different mark.

CDW - Could be? But on my cameras, it's on the SET FUNCTION button (or FUNC SET).  On yours trying selecting it and see if you get a screen with various LIGHTING settings - you are probably on AWB (Automatic White Balance) which sometimes doesn't work well when you switch between indoor and outdoor especially when you take the camera off of AUTO mode and select one of the other modes, e.g. AV (Aperature Preferred/Priority), TV (Shutter Preferred) or P (Programmed), etc. On mine when I take it off of AUTO, I manually select the Lighting mode (WB).  I'm using a Canon PowerShot SX130.

42 minutes ago, CDW said:

On the top left hand side of my camera (looking at it from the back of the camera) there is a wheel with a mark of "WB" on it, along with other marks. Is that the mark that should be set to WB? It was set on a different mark.

Yes mate  - on the wheel marked WB you should be able to set it to WB  then another menu should show or you select,  in that there should be a menu of Auto, Tungsten, Daylight, Cloudy, Shade, Fluorescent,    Auto is normaly ok for most things except strong internal lighting from strip lights.

Hope this helps.

OC.

She turned out rather well Mr Bunny

I see you've got HMS Daring destroyer on your wish list ... I would have liked to see you build the former namesake, also a Daring class destroyer ...

(you might add Finished to your title... just a suggestion)

Edited by cog

On 8/31/2018 at 3:37 PM, CDW said:

soon 🙂

CDW, is there any chance that you would be interested in selling this model? My husband worked at Austal in Mobile Alabama and during his employment had the pleasure of working on this ship. I would love to have it for him as a gift. Let me know, my email is caseymoore0715@gmail.com Thank you. 

41 minutes ago, schooner said:

Nice build! Great painting. Mind if I ask how did you paint the bridge windows? Did you hand brush them with dark paint and then go back and touch up the frames with haze gray?

The bridge windows are kit supplied individual decal pieces with a clear coat on top.

On 9/13/2019 at 6:48 PM, CaseyMoore0715 said:

CDW, is there any chance that you would be interested in selling this model? My husband worked at Austal in Mobile Alabama and during his employment had the pleasure of working on this ship. I would love to have it for him as a gift. Let me know, my email is caseymoore0715@gmail.com Thank you. 

I replied to your query via email.

Thanks

CDW

4 minutes ago, John Allen said:

Craig,

1st class on the build. Mobile is one of the cities that build the ships at Austal. They turn the things out on an assembly line not quite as fast as Ford and the model T but pretty quick. Went to a couple of launchings.

My son in law says they built one of these LCS ships in New Hampshire as well.