Forum upgrade done. Making template (theme) changes

James H

4 minutes ago, Jasseji said:

Search fixed but the font for "report post" only shows when mouse is hovered on the center of screen

That's more feature than fault. Designed to only highlight when you are on a particular post, so you don't report the wrong one. 

I like the new layout but,what's this "reacted to this"in place of "liked"? Reacted has many meanings,"liked" has only one meaning and is only one word. Is this the latest PC speak or what ☹️ O.K. I'm a grumpy old sod but I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking this. 

Dave :dancetl6:

Edited by davyboy

1 hour ago, mtaylor said:

I think "reacted" is one of the new buzzwords in the IT developer world.   I've seen it popping up on other sites (not all ship related either) lately.   Meh...

Thought as much,they just can't help it can they😕. I wonder what idiot first thought this one up LOL

BTW,I "reacted" to your post😊

Edited by davyboy

4 hours ago, davyboy said:

I like the new layout but,what's this "reacted to this"in place of "liked"? Reacted has many meanings,"liked" has only one meaning and is only one word. Is this the latest PC speak or what ☹️ O.K. I'm a grumpy old sod but I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking this. 

As a grumpy old software developer I have to agree. I suppose if people were allowed to "unlike" a post (heaven forbid), it might have some relevance. 

But I'll stop noticing soon and continue to enjoy being here and thankful for all the work done to keep this site up and running. 

Richard. 

James H,

I must say you and our Administration are always perfecting our Forum, Wonderful work!. Thank you,

Here is a testimony, (no names to protect the innocent) there was a build log going on and I Liked the Posting however 

the content of the post was a result of a terrible mistake. Which caused me to be asked Why did I like that mistake?.  My reply was

”I didn’t LIKE the mistake I only REACTED to it” ...

keep up the Wonderful work.

Jay

Keep in mind there are other choices we can create besides just likes and the thumbs up.  This is why they changed that as developers.  If we chose to....we could also add a thumbs down....a neutral....or any other reaction type.  But for continuity we are only using the choice of "like".  For now.

Chuck

6 hours ago, jay said:

James H,

I must say you and our Administration are always perfecting our Forum, Wonderful work!. Thank you,

Here is a testimony, (no names to protect the innocent) there was a build log going on and I Liked the Posting however 

the content of the post was a result of a terrible mistake. Which caused me to be asked Why did I like that mistake?.  My reply was

”I didn’t LIKE the mistake I only REACTED to it” ...

keep up the Wonderful work.

Jay

Hahaha!

Something entirely different, but on the old system I could click on the LH margine and it would take me to the top of the page ( I used this a number of times, particularly if I only had a small numer of topics in my notification screen).

This is now either not working, or not there.

Can you IT guys get me out of my misery 😒

29 minutes ago, Landrotten Highlander said:

Something entirely different, but on the old system I could click on the LH margine and it would take me to the top of the page ( I used this a number of times, particularly if I only had a small numer of topics in my notification screen).

This is now either not working, or not there.

Can you IT guys get me out of my misery 😒

I find this odd as it's working for me on Uniform theme, running on Mac Safari.

Ok, I've disabled the old one. If you look at the bottom right corner (when NOT already at top of page, an UP arrow will appear to take you back to the top. This will NOT, however, allow you to scroll back down the page to where you were originally at though.

Screen Shot 2018-07-30 at 19.30.56.jpg