uss frolick

Music to build ship models to ...

1 hour ago, bigcreekdad said:

The storm scene in the movie Master and Commander had a great Vaughn Williams piece accompanying it.

I believe that was Fantasia on a Theme by Thomas Tallis.

1 hour ago, uss frolick said:

Anyone into Mongolian rock?

I haven't come across it before, but I'll take it over most Rapp anytime.  Maybe they could use subtitles too (so you could understand it) and not so much grabbing of their crotches.  (reminds me of children who waited too long to go to the john)   By the way, when did the Mongols upgrade their horses to hogs?  These two samples I liked, it's music with a definite martial flavor to it.

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 7:15 AM, uss frolick said:

"Kill Bill 2" ends with "Goodnight Moon" by Shivaree:

I agree that his movies really have some cool tunes. 

When placing that last detail to finish your build amp this up blow out the walls have a toddy of Crown Royal neat. and play ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST by Queen! :cheers::cheers: maybe two. 

All have the best and safest Christmas and ever. Do not forget those that have not, by a dinner for that homeless person on the street or pick up a blanket or coat at Goodwill make their day a little brighter.

Edited by John Allen
change

To be really blown away, I sometimes put this on.

The most sumptuous production imaginable - worthy of the music. Even more sumptuous than necessary - unbelievable detail even in tiny bits of personal jewellery that wouldn't be visible from the first row . . .

And the MUSIC . . .

Steven

Edited by Louie da fly

The Bridge City Sinners play "Witches Wrath":

(Note: This style is considered to be the same as the above Avalon Jazz Band number, "Fit as a Fiddle". The genre is called "Gypsy Jazz", although the two styles seem vastly different. I like them both!)

Hi All,

Not a Music Luddite, but I need the silence to concentrate/construct.

This includes general Woodworking/Cabinetmaking.

I do however run stuff through my head, for instance, Rigging Tasks: Pink Floyd - Breathe

More recently - Stranglers - Get a Grip (On yourself) (God knows why.... 🙂)

Anyway, That's me for the Mo.

Cheers....HOF.

Here's a recreation of pre-Viking Nordic music. The band is Heilung, from Denmark, and they are becoming quite popular.

The Youtube comments are priceless:

"I got the fever, and the cure is more antlers."

"I played this for my dog, now he's a wolf, and we hunt deer together."

"My cats heard me listening to this. They've since escaped and are out hunting mammoths. This is going to be costly."

"I had this playing at work, and next thing I knew, Marketing had raided Accounting for plunder and slaves."

We have a local FM station that has my favorite hour long program on week nights called, time to get the lead out.  They play just about everything without interruption by Led Zeppelin.