Rip dad

kpnuts

Dad's funeral was Tuesday, the eulogie was amazing. I wish my dad had used his talents. He got to grade 7 in piano and was at all stages 140 points or more then he just gave up, studied accountancy and gave it up was an amazing artist, and I learnt more from him about modelling than anyone. I think he went to drink as everything came so easy to him he got bored. If I had half the brain my dad had I would be a millionaire, i just think it was such a waste of a brilliant brain. The thing I remember most is when we were kids he would read the wind in the willows and Christopher robin to us and do all the voices (trust me I've tried it with my granddaughter and it's far harder than it seems) my dad would have made a great teacher. Such a shame he didn't find his place in the world it would have been a so much better place if he had.

I am so sorry I didn't see this sooner!  sorry to hear of your loss KP............we all try to find our mark.......our parents do their best to instill that for the day when we leave the nest.  I learned so much from my dad.......I'm sure you learned much from yours.  the highest tribute we can give them,  is to live by their example and pass on the knowledge they taught us......build from their strengths,  and not their weaknesses.  you respected and looked up to your dad,  as did I to mine........someone who seemed perfect,  in a not so perfect world.   god bless.

I can't add much more to what has already been said, here, very eloquently.  I will say that I am very sorry for your loss.  To some degree or other, we all become our parents, and when they go - a part of us goes with them.  Their memory remains, vivid as ever though.  I hope you can find peace of heart in fond memories of your Dad.

Kind Regards,

Marc

• 2 weeks later...