Arctic37

Cutty Sark by Arctic37 - Revell - Scale 1:96 - PLASTIC

those are the instructions I posted :)    the Cutty Sark instructions are the 'most lost' of all.......you would not believe how many folks I sent them to,  before I posted them.   I'm glad to see them in use ;)

the rigging sheets should be there too    http://seymore-thecuttysark-abuildlog.blogspot.com/     

Apologies Pop, I pulled your posted instructions from my own files (for my own use) some time ago and re-posted them to help David. My intentions were pure, unlike my cheating black heart! 

I do now have a set of the originals, but not a big enough scanner.

heck no.........use them!!!!   that's what I posted them for. :)   Revell.......back before they became Hobbico,  posted none of these 1:96 scale kit instructions on their instruction page.  I posted the United States instructions too and I have the Connie.......but I won't post the Connie because they are the same {they are clones}.  the Thermopylae is the clone for the Cutty......both kits are the same.  the Cutty plans are the most 'lost' in in the model world...you would not believe how many copies I've sent out.  I'm glad you found them.......and very glad I've helped.   I've got the Revell page book marked.......haven't looked at it for a while now.  since Revell / Germany has begun reproducing some of these larger kits,  I hope they added them in.  you might have wondered what the measurements around the bow is about.......I measured the decals.   I had sent out to get another set of sails and the decal sheet using the Revell missing parts page.  I got two of the three sheets of sails and a new decal sheet.   but bother........when I went to use them,  they dissolved into a multiple of shards!  they were micro cracked!

I have a terrible time trying to find a place that could replicate the decals.  giving up,  I happened onto a decal making system..the 'decal it' system, sold by Testors.  they were not perfect....the depth markers had to be done by paint pen,  but I managed to come up with my own set ;)   I've managed to gain some experience with it,  but it does seem to have a transparency issue,  that makes it hard to use......I have some work arounds for it.   depending on how old your kit is,  you might want to get a product called 'decal bonder',  sold by Testors,  sprayed on the sheet,  it will cure the micro cracking issue.  I've built the Cutty twice...love that model :) 

glad to see you believe in pay'in it forward ;) 

Good morning. Just stumbled on your blog. I recently completed the Revell 1/96 USS Constitution and now getting ready to begin the Cutty Sark. Like you, I prefer to leave the sails off so as to see the rigging, which the Constitution had tons of. On the Constitution I did not paint the deck. Just left it the cream color of the plastic. However, after reading your blog and others I am interested in painting the deck on the Cutty Sark. I am wondering if you would mind explaining in more detail how you did yours?