OMG!!!! how I missed this build is beyond me!!! I just spent the last 1and a half hours catching up on it. It is an absolute brilliant model. The figures just give it that extra zing. I'm just disgusted with myself that it has took me a year to find it. You've done yourself proud OC😃

Please forgive my lateness in coming to this log😟

Edited by Edwardkenway
1 minute ago, Edwardkenway said:

OMG!!!! how I missed this build is beyond me!!! It is an absolute brilliant model. The figures just give it that extra zing. I'm just disgusted with myself that it has took me a year to find it. You've done yourself proud OC😃

Please forgive my lateness in coming to this log😟

No problem at all Edward  Im just glad you liked it  - it was a very passionate build  set out as special work for the admiral,  it was spured on by us both loving Pirates of the Caribbean  films,   and also getting  its blessing from one of the cast who I chat to.

It proved to me what you can do with plastic  as it can work along side wood.

OC.

18 minutes ago, hamilton said:

Great work OC - I just looked through your log with my young son, with whom I've been watching these movies - he loved it and I did too! Congrats!

hamilton

Thank you so much, it was a real adventure to build  I am so glad that I went with the figures,     I am thrilled  you both loved it.

OC.:dancetl6:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Spectacular workmanship OC!   I must dive into this build, especially with a lot of time on my hands given the worldly situation.   If I may inquire sir, where did you find the "Black Angel" figurehead?  I know the 1/73 Revell Pirate Ship comes with the Swan but I would much rather do the Black Pearl build.   Second choice would be Queen Anne's Revenge and even there, I would need to come up with the skeleton figurehead.   I know I'll be referencing the material in this thread.   Again, kudo's on your craftsmanship and your finished build!!  ~ Jack

6 minutes ago, 73driver said:

Spectacular workmanship OC!   I must dive into this build, especially with a lot of time on my hands given the worldly situation.   If I may inquire sir, where did you find the "Black Angel" figurehead?  I know the 1/73 Revell Pirate Ship comes with the Swan but I would much rather do the Black Pearl build.   Second choice would be Queen Anne's Revenge and even there, I would need to come up with the skeleton figurehead.   I know I'll be referencing the material in this thread.   Again, kudo's on your craftsmanship and your finished build!!  ~ Jack

Thank You kindly for the nice words Jack,

I contacted Revell and they sent me out a new figurehead of the lady,   but if you get this kit  of the Pearl  from Revell  it has the  Lady figurehead in it  - https://www.revell.de/en/products/modelmaking/ships/sailings-ships/black-pearl.html

OC.

13 hours ago, Old Collingwood said:

Thank You kindly for the nice words Jack,

I contacted Revell and they sent me out a new figurehead of the lady,   but if you get this kit  of the Pearl  from Revell  it has the  Lady figurehead in it  - https://www.revell.de/en/products/modelmaking/ships/sailings-ships/black-pearl.html

OC.

Thanks OC!   I submitted my request along with applicable photos from their instruction manual.  I found out that shipping to the US has been suspended due to Covid19    Arggh, how frustrating!   I guess I can add this figurehead at a later date. 

8 hours ago, 73driver said:

Thanks OC!   I submitted my request along with applicable photos from their instruction manual.  I found out that shipping to the US has been suspended due to Covid19    Arggh, how frustrating!   I guess I can add this figurehead at a later date. 

Check out Ebay   bet they have one.

OC.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...