Need help with messages

CDW

Another forum member and I cannot exchange messages. When we try, we both get "CDW cannot receive messages", or "Imagna cannot receive messages".

Neither of us can figure out why this is happening nor find any user controls that need to be changed.

Can a moderator give us some guidance please, on how to resolve this issue?

We both can communicate with other forum members by message, but not with each other.

• 2 months later...

I am seeking clarification on the PM system and rather starting a new topic I thought I would put it here.

Scenario - I send another member a PM with the topic of Mauretania. Over several days we exchange messages on this topic and then stop. 3 weeks later the other member tidies up his PM and deletes the topic Mauretania.  I resurrect the topic by sending another PM in the Mauretania thread. The other member does not receive the PM. 

So if I have got this right we can exchange PM's in the thread up until the other member deletes the topic from his inbox? After which any message I send in the same thread disappears into the 'ether'?