I have decided that my next build will be a scratch built battle station. Does anyone know of a reliable source for larger scale preferably brass cannon barrels? I have been searching but have not come up with anything.

Thanks in advance

Caldcraft produce a 24pdr in 1:32 scale, it’s the only large scale cannon that I’m aware of, but it is expensive at US$41.41 for a single kit from Cornwall model boats. There are other cheaper large cannons on their website but their ‘shape’ isn’t necessarily authentic, but depends on whether that’s a consideration for you.

Gary

Edited by Morgan

Thanks Morgan

I checked them out and yes that is a bit more than I want to spend. In the mean time an extra brain cell or two kicked in. Since I have already built the Model Expo version in 1/24 scale I sent them an e-mail to see if they would sell me just the barrels.

Regards

Do you have a local machine shop?  Some while do a run but price per each varies on the quantity.  You'd have to supply plans.   Maybe if others are interested you could share costs of setup, etc.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)