Rules for posting and joining the Medway Longboat group project

Ok guys....another ten kits are ready to order.  I will be getting another batch of wood on Thursday too so I will start immediately on another batch of ten.

I should also have more rigging packages ready in a few days but I fear if you wait that long this batch will be sold out.   So get em while you can.

Chuck

• 1 month later...

For those who have been waiting...I have posted ten more longboat kits in stock and ready for immediate shipment.

The masting and rigging kits will soon follow in just a few days if everything works out.

Chuck

• 2 weeks later...

Not yet,  When i make another batch i will announce.  I just posted more rigging packages though.  And i am making more of those too because they sold out in about an hour yesterday.

The group will always remain open and its just a matter of teying to keep up with the demand.

• 2 months later...

I was just asked where the final chapter of this project was.....sorry guys.   I have had this completed for months now and actually thought I posted it.   I apologize.  Anyway...I have now added it to the download area.   Sorry for the delay.  I cant believe I didnt upload it.  :default_wallbash:

riggingdone4.jpg

I was just checking everyones progress.  I noticed there are a bunch of guys who started logs but havent started building yet.  Hows it going with those?   I checked to see if they were indeed shipped out and they were.   I am just trying to keep the momentum going on this build.   I look forward to seeing some of you guys start your models.  If anyone has any questions please let me know.  :)

I am waiting on yet another batch of milled cedar but hope to have more kits available in a couple of weeks.  Its never too late to join the group if you are interested.  While you wait, check out the other logs and be sure to encourage those already building the model.

Thanks

Chuck

On 7/8/2019 at 8:18 AM, Chuck said:

I was just checking everyones progress.  I noticed there are a bunch of guys who started logs but havent started building yet.  Hows it going with those?   I checked to see if they were indeed shipped out and they were.   I am just trying to keep the momentum going on this build.   I look forward to seeing some of you guys start your models.  If anyone has any questions please let me know.  :)

I am waiting on yet another batch of milled cedar but hope to have more kits available in a couple of weeks.  Its never too late to join the group if you are interested.  While you wait, check out the other logs and be sure to encourage those already building the model.

Thanks

Chuck

I still need to get mine ordered. Life has unfortunately gotten in the way of everything.  I still plan on starting just don't know when. 😕

On 7/8/2019 at 8:18 AM, Chuck said:

Thanks

Chuck

Mine was started, but then life has gotten in the way and I haven't done anything in the model room for months.  Hope to get back in there soon, but no promises.  The start of the longboat was very good though, as seen in my now dormant log.

OK...been drooling over the images on the Syren website....been reading all the build logs.....cleared my bench and, at long last, am ready to start....joined this website yesterday....went to The Syren website to order...Sold Out. What a let down after all that expectation...it reminds me of dating in high school.

Any idea when we can expect more kits, Chuck??

Cheers from NYC,

Michael

I am about half way there with more kits.   Getting another wood order late next week because I wasnt happy with the quality of the 1/32" sheets of cedar I have left.   There were to many imperfections/graininess for my tastes.  Maybe another week to 10 days.  We dont churn these out in a sweatshop so they take more time to produce.   Quality control and the best materials are super important to me.

Chuck

Thanks for the quick response, Chuck. That time frame suits me well. Allow me to say that your desire for the best materials speaks volumes, as does the craftsmanship exhibited in the photos on your website. I design and make furniture on commission and, like you, I'm a one man shop.  If it's not as good as I can make it, it doesn't leave here. We're on the same page.

Cheers from NYC,

Michael

• 3 years later...

Thank you very much for your work, and for the explanation and wonderful photos. Everything is beautifully presented and clearly explained. Good job, very good! I am not able to participate in your project due to well-known reasons (I am a Russian person, and now I am in Russia), but I want to say that I really want to buy your model, Medway Longboat, and I will buy it as soon as I see the opportunity. I would like to wish everyone who has already received the model a pleasant time for assembly and communication with friends. Chak, I wish you good luck and success for your company and your business with Medway Longboat. With your permission, I will follow your progress and learn from you. All the best and best wishes, Egor