Le Gros Ventre by marsalv - FINISHED - 1:48 - POF

The build is magnificent overall, but I especially like your blocks.  Amazing what can be done with modern tools compared to the old days.  The problem is that every time I see what can be done by folks like you, it makes me want to spend money on the latest technology. Thankfully my accountant/admiral/wife asks me to wait and see if I really need it.  Saved us LOTS of money over the years.

Allan

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU

12 hours ago, marsalv said:

A Jorge Díaz O - Usé el aceite de linaza coloreado con cera.

Allanyed - Para mí, ahorrar tiempo ganó más que ahorrar dinero :) .

Galera.

LGV_763.jpg

LGV_764.jpg

LGV_765.jpg

LGV_766.jpg

LGV_767.jpg

Wonderful work, neat and very realistic, I love it.

-HMS Tritón 1/48 1773 en scracht (TERMINADO)

-HMS Winchelsea 1/35  1764 full scracht (EN PROYECTO)

notpirate.png

I could buy every tool you own and come no where close to the caliber of work you do.  The latest example being your blocks, they are amazing.  The stove is incredible, as are details like the charcoal stove.

I hope this model ultimately will reside in a museum, a place that it can receive the admiration it deserves and viewed in person by many.

Well done. 

Regards,

Glenn

Current Build: HMS Winchelsea
Completed Builds: HM Flirt (paused) HM Cutter CheerfulLady NelsonAmati HMS Vanguard,  
HMS Pegasus, Fair American, HM Granado, HM Pickle, AVS, Pride of Baltimore, Bluenose

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2018 at 11:10 AM, marsalv said:

Thank you Albert😉.

I continue with making of stern parts - filling transoms, wing transom, fashion pieces.

LGV_035.jpg

LGV_036.jpg

LGV_037.jpg

LGV_038.jpg

LGV_039.jpg

LGV_040.jpg

LGV_041.jpg

LGV_042.jpg

LGV_043.jpg

LGV_044.jpg

Re. "tipping device"  to angle ( ?Proxxon ) vice.

Did you make or purchase it? (If so, where.)

Your work is stupendous

current build- Swan ,scratch

on shelf,Rattlesnake, Alert semi scratch,Le Coureur,, Fubbs scratch

completed: nostrum mare,victory(Corel), san felipe, sovereign of the seas, sicilian  cargo boat ,royal yacht caroline, armed pinnace, charles morgan whaler, galilee boat, wappen von hamburg, la reale (Dusek), amerigo vespucci, oneida (semi scratch) diane, great harry-elizabethan galleon (semi scratch), agammemnon, hanna (scratch).19th cent. shipyard diorama (Constructo), picket boat, victory bow section

Fascinating series of photos on rigging the tackle, thank you for providing this step by step. 

Regards,

Glenn

Current Build: HMS Winchelsea
Completed Builds: HM Flirt (paused) HM Cutter CheerfulLady NelsonAmati HMS Vanguard,  
HMS Pegasus, Fair American, HM Granado, HM Pickle, AVS, Pride of Baltimore, Bluenose

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...