Le Gros Ventre by marsalv - FINISHED - 1:48 - POF

The white wood represents the pine, that was generelly used for deck planking, the pear represents the oak, used for important structural planking, and is darker.

As for me, specially by such wunderfull builds, the used wood does not matter, but the handwork, that is by marsalv simply incredible. I'm out of words.

Regards

Alex

Current build: HMS Sphynx, 20 gun ship launched in 1775 at Portsmouth, Hampshire.

On the drawing board: HMS Anson, 64 gun third rate ship of the line, launched in 1781 at Plymouth

Banner_AKHS.png

Thank you guys for answering daniel.b question and for the compliment my work too. Forecastle deck planking on the pictures is before waxing. After waxing get the wood  little bit yellowish color so the contrast between maple and pear is not so big. On the other hand, I must say that on uncolored models, the color contrast of different types of wood is very important. Otherwise, the model is too dull from my point of view.

You can nicely see the difference between waxed main deck and forecastle deck before waxing on this picture.

I agree with Marslav with the colors of wood. It looks amazing!

LGV_881.jpg

37 minutes ago, marsalv said:

Thank you guys for answering daniel.b question and for the compliment my work too. Forecastle deck planking on the pictures is before waxing. After waxing get the wood  little bit yellowish color so the contrast between maple and pear is not so big. On the other hand, I must say that on uncolored models, the color contrast of different types of wood is very important. Otherwise, the model is too dull from my point of view.

Is this, by any chance, holly?

• 4 weeks later...

Always so precise and spectacular! Thank you for sharing your wonderful work ☺️

Jean-Paul

'You are not carving a bear with a chain saw here folks',

Chuck Passaro, ´Queen Anne Style Barge´ manual of instructions

Current builds :

Finished build :

Next on list :

• Santa Maria boat - Korabel (Ukraine) - 1:24

• 2 weeks later...

So clean and crisp.  Really looks great.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

This model is just one of the best and most cleanly worked that I have seen.  I have said so before, but I really admire the way that you have optimized cutouts to see the interior structures, in such a pleasingly artistic way.  All of the small details like lead-lined scupper ports are meticulously rendered.  A real pleasure to watch this one take shape!

We are all works in progress, all of the time.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2020 at 7:08 PM, marsalv said:

Thank you guys for nice comments.

Scrollwork and moldings are done with CNC milling maschine. The same situation is for the parts on next pictures. All carvings are made with CNC. It is likely that some of you will condemn this process, but you will not stop technical progress. I would be quite interested in your opinion on the use of modern techniques for creating carvings.

LGV_497.jpg

LGV_498.jpg

LGV_499.jpg

LGV_500.jpg

LGV_501.jpg

LGV_502.jpg

LGV_503.jpg

LGV_504.jpg

LGV_505.jpg

First I compliment you on the amazing work you do and also agree that there is no choice and that we need to incorporate in the construction using a cnc machine. I would like to ask what software you use for cnc milling, and whether it is machine usable CNC 3018 Pro Max Laser Engraver GRBL DIY 3Axis

• 2 weeks later...

To Hsae: The square holes are made with small diameter milling bit (0,5 mm) and the rest with file.

To popash42: I am using VCarve Desktop software for CNC milling. As regards Laser Engraver, I´m not sure, but the VCarve Desktop is propably not primarily intended for laser. You can find information on the optional laser add-on module on the Vectric website (https://www.vectric.com/products/laser-module).

Pinrails.

LGV_922.jpg

LGV_923.jpg

LGV_924.jpg

LGV_925.jpg

LGV_926.jpg

LGV_927.jpg

On 19.10.2018 at 11:49, marsalv said:

Uzun bir yaratıcı boşluktan sonra yeni bir projeye başladım. Bu 1:48 ölçeğinde "gabare" Le Gros Ventre olarak adlandırılır, model, Gerard Delacroix'in bir monografisine göre POF yöntemi (çerçeve üzerinde tahta) kullanılarak gerçekleştirilecektir. Bina için boyasız olarak kiraz, armut, siyah gürgen ve akçaağaç kullanacağım.
Gabare, 18. ve 19. yüzyıllarda Fransız Kraliyet Donanması tarafından kullanılan bir kargo gemisidir. Bu nedenle orlop deck yoktur.
İnşaatın ilk aşaması, omurga üzerine çerçevelerin montajı için gerekli bir yapı tahtasının yapılmasıydı.  
Alt ve üst tabanın konumunun maksimum doğruluğuna büyük dikkat gösterilmelidir .

LGV_001.jpg

LGV_002.jpg

LGV_003.jpg

LGV_004.jpg

LGV_005.jpg

LGV_006.jpg

LGV_007.jpg

LGV_008.jpg

merhaba hayranlıkla izliyorum. 

bir sorum olacak

bu resimde ki yükseklik su hattımıdır.

Hello, I'm watching with admiration.

I have a question

The height in this picture is the waterline.