HMS Wolf by Richmond - Shipyard - 1:96 - CARD

I received a response from Cornwall today and they have emailed me a pdf of the missing pages and are advise me that they are still working on the missing blocks.

I wish to go on record  that I apologise for the hastiness of my previous post, which I am going to delete, and I am extremely grateful to the sales team at Cornwall for resolving this matter.

Fingersticker  - Apologies this sort of puts your last post out of context.

RICHMOND

Edited by Richmond

Current Builds

Mikasa by I Love Kit - 1:200 - Plastic

HMS Beagle by Occre - 1:48 - Wood

8 hours ago, Richmond said:

Fingersticker  - Apologies this sort of puts your last post out of context.

RICHMOND

Not a problem, Richmond.

Post already amended to link up better.

Adrie.

Modelling, modelling, modelling. Is there more to life?

Naaaah.

Adrie from Leicester

Current project: Shipyard's Revenge.

Future Projects:

1:100 Mayflower - Maly Modelarz - Card

1:96 Papegaai (Papegojan) - Shipyard - Card (Christmas present)

• 1 year later...

Hi guys - there is a German web page ….. extremely interesting concerning paper model making also building similar (HMS Mercury or HMS Alert?). I have today received HMS Wolf from model Shipyard (basic kit). I am based in Lviv, Ukraine now. I strongly advise buying the full kit. These kits are for the advanced modeler, please forget the simple picture on box. They require a different skill / thought process. YouTube can show a few "How to"  but most of it is classified as is working with wood. I throw down the challenge to all these experts - please try and publish. You need to have stock of card (appropriate) and practice making the card shrouds or make a card punch and drill etc.... Please dip ends of cordage in glue 1st before threading and do clear out the shrouds before doing anything! The planking needs careful marking out on the ship / trying out / forward planning as well as follow the sequence. you can fill in holes with a light filler - after you prime the card (super glue or ….). I am using a mixture of card, pear, black bean, brass wire and ….. Use a very good wood glue. Cannons is a mixture of card, wire, paint and wood or brass - of course the pure hearted only use card and wire for extra fixing support. I spent a few weeks looking a Japanese card making sites (incredible). My suggestion is to 1. YouTube 2. Build hull (square off as best as you can) 3. Roller and glue easy parts to begin with ……… in time the parts begin to lift from the plans (L,W & T) as you know comes from the triangle so use surround spare 1st and then stick printed sheet decals to + either use water colour pencils or …. to masks white cut lines / intersection points. Please - do not give up! The made kits (professional) are superb and worthy (in my opinion) to any purest wooden kit shipwright model. Finally - do not use sharp knife to cut the decking, score it and fill it (painting is another technical series). Strengthening parts please or sagging will happen and those lovely rigging cordage will pull part, parts! Not let the kit dictate to you and know you can do it!