Shellback Returns

Shellback

I joined a few years back after getting a Caldercraft HM Sherbourne. Yes, I am a shellback, US Navy 1963, crossed the line at the dateline on USS Buchanan DDG-14, so I’m officially a Golden Shellback. 

Since my initial posts I’ve had some health challenges and the Sherbourne is still in her box. But, I am modeling again. I have a Fujimi 1:700 Mushashi ready to start then I figure it is time to stop procrastinating and begin my first plank and frame model. 

I’m sure I will have many questions. 

Best regards to all,

Michael Scott 

Thanks, Mark. Down Under? We were headed for Melbourne when I metamorphosed from pollywog to Shellback. Great two weeks there. 

My health issue (might as well say it, cancer) is dormant for a while. A few years hopefully and my modeling desire has resurfaced. 

Best,

Michael

Thanks. My experience was as a gun and later ballistic missile fire control tech. I was on a guided missile destroyer, Adams class, a sub tender and many Polaris boats. My knowledge therefore is limited. I had more sea going experiences on the destroyer of course. My involvement in the Polaris program as pretty much heads-down with the weapons systems. 

Welcome back to MSW, Michael.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)