Tools, tools and more tools....

On 12/6/2018 at 6:38 PM, geoffs said:

Still looking at the Marathon micromotor as my next rotary tool and have a couple of questions:

• What method is used to hold the bits? collet or chuck?
  • What diameter shaft is used for bits?

I have an NSK but I looked at the Artco page and it says 1/8" standard with a 3/32" reducing sleeve. Usually 3/32" is standard as most burs are 3/32", 1/8" is considered heavy duty for serious wood removal. It looks like it has some kind of keyless collet. That's one thing I like about the NSK's lever collet- flip a lever one way and the bur drops out, drop in new one and flip lever and it's good to go.

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 10:57 PM, pontiachedmark said:

Please keep us updated if you purchase the Dremel.

Mark

Mark,

Upon further review the Stylo only has 20,000 rpm, and no foot pedal. I was looking for more rpm. I'll stick with my Markatt manicure machine has a foot pedal and speed control runs at 35,000 rpm costs $60.00. It has no collet flip in flip out

Edited by John Allen
added

John Allen

Current builds HMS Victory-Mamoli

On deck

USS Tecumseh, CSS Hunley scratch build, Double hull Polynesian canoe (Holakea) scratch build

Finished

Waka Taua Maori War Canoe, Armed Launch-Panart, Diligence English Revenue Cutter-Marine  Model Co.