Medway Longboat 1742 by Trussben - 1:24. Exposed Framing - FINISHED

• 3 weeks later...

Completed installation of all the Thwarts, knees, windlass, mast iron work, and the sheeve.

Time to start work on the Rudder, some thole pins, belaying pins.

ben

02494468-0448-4712-8797-2BA8C25346E2.jpeg

FA5DC6F2-D2E3-4435-9EFB-746A4F4016EF.jpeg

FC501E23-E604-4A13-9257-0B00835CC82F.jpeg

Edited by Trussben

Beautiful work Ben.   I wouldnt have expected anything less!!!   Really looks good with exposed frames.

Great job Ben.  Like Chuck said your presentation of the exposed frames is really sweet! 

Rusty

"So Long For Now" B) 

Current Builds: HMS Winchelsea 1/48  Duchess of Kingston

Completed Build Logs: USF Confederacy , US Brig Syren , Triton Cross Section , Bomb Vessel Cross SectionCutter CheerfulQueen Anne Barge, Medway Longboat

Completed Build Gallery: Brig Syren , 1870 Mississippi Riverboat , 1949 Chris-Craft 19' Runabout

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Very nice Ben! 

Rusty

"So Long For Now" B) 

Completed Build Logs: USF Confederacy , US Brig Syren , Triton Cross Section , Bomb Vessel Cross SectionCutter CheerfulQueen Anne Barge, Medway Longboat

Completed Build Gallery: Brig Syren , 1870 Mississippi Riverboat , 1949 Chris-Craft 19' Runabout

• 4 months later...

Almost there! Looking really good!

Rusty

"So Long For Now" B) 

Stays have been completed and Bowsprit installed, only the Jib, Jib Halliard, Foresail Halliard and Flag Halliard left to rig.

You can see I have left all the stays loose for the moment until I’m ready to do the final tensioning.

I ran out of 0.025 light brown rope due to mistakes and had to order more from Chuck, hopefully complete this great little project in a few weeks after vacation.

ben

01353C0A-5658-43EA-83DA-CFA5C0960113.jpeg

7FBAAA1C-8E48-49E5-AB72-223FC1A0925A.jpeg

That really looks nice.....I am so glad you left the planking off to match the barge.  It looks really nice that way.  I was tempted to do that myself.

Chuck

Just for Chuck, a picture of both of the projects together in their cases, thanks to him for creating these awesome kits and I hope he makes a few more of these larger scale small boats in the future, they sure are fun to build.

D8CAD7AF-75F2-4A13-92C2-72B21FB5EF12.jpeg

Nice!!!   :D  What other small craft at 1/2" scale would you like to do?   Maybe I will take the plunge as well.

Chuck

Good question Chuck - no easy answer to it though and I'm sure you have more things to worry about, but keep it in mind in case you do see something that catches your eye and you fancy building it.

They look great together Ben. Well done.

I'm in on another one too. These two were a ton of fun to build. :)

Rusty

"So Long For Now" B) 

1 hour ago, Chuck said:

Nice!!!   :D  What other small craft at 1/2" scale would you like to do?   Maybe I will take the plunge as well.

Chuck

Don’t want to steal an idea but something like David Antscherl’s Greenwich hospital barge.  Kinda similar but with the added compliment of a deck structure might be nice. 

Ben that looks really nice in open frame alongside the QAB.

• 5 weeks later...

Rigging was completed with all rope coils etc... Windlass was wrapped and grapnel installed.

Not going to install any oars or windlass bars.

I tore the tissue flag as I was taking it out of its baggie, hopefully Chuck will be able to supply me with another, otherwise this project is complete and in its case.

Thanks again to Chuck for designing and supplying this awesome kit.

Back to the Pegasus build and maybe line up something else too.

ben

86818442-9370-4E5A-B795-137AE9258339.jpeg

51012644-BBA9-4CCB-AB14-30933F5AF94B.jpeg

A68E4278-22E6-4E9F-9015-60DBC65EA931.jpeg

3998FD23-3089-49D1-BE2A-9B59AEE9923D.jpeg

Beautiful workmanship Ben. Very well done.

Rusty

"So Long For Now" B) 

Beautiful work. Really a very nice version of this Longboat. Well done.

Jean-Paul

'You are not carving a bear with a chain saw here folks',

Chuck Passaro, ´Queen Anne Style Barge´ manual of instructions

Current builds :

Finished build :

Next on list :

• Santa Maria boat - Korabel (Ukraine) - 1:24