Hi Everyone

Worldway

Hi all. I thought I should say hi and let you all know that I’m still around. I put my builds on hold because I became bored with them. There was so much repetitive and tedious work that when it came to rework I just gave up. I have always planned to get back into it and I will very soon. I’m sure a lot of you can relate to the monotonous work of a build. However, since putting things on hold we ended up getting a rescue dog and are about to get a purebred chocolate lab pup. Plus we decided to redo our kitchen with new cabinets, counter tops and appliances. So, as an excuse I can honestly say I have been busy with other things. However the weather is getting colder and I keep drawing closer and closer to my workshop. I still pop in here from time to time but haven’t for a while. 

What drew me here tonight was my wife asking what I wanted for Christmas. I immediately thought I would like another ship to build which made me realize that I miss this hobby and the friends I have made on this forum.

So hopefully in a little bit I will be back here, adding to my build logs and commenting and following others. Perhaps I can make another friend or two in the process.

Talk to you all soon

Edited by Worldway

Welcome back Derek!  Just because you aren't actually working on your ships doesn't mean you can't be on site with the rest of us providing your views and suggestions for anyone looking for help.  I myself, have been held out for quite awhile now as I can't access my basement shop due to my elevator being replaced, but I continue to haunt the MSW site anyway. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

DEREK!!!

Nice to read from you again.

You missed a couple of really good local club meetings... building model display cases by Ray (unbelievable) and resin casting by Hugh (seemed easier than I could imagine).   https://modelshipwrightsofniagara.weebly.com/

Brendon's 3D cannon prints and your naval gun kit inspired me to build one.

If your looking for a reason to get pushed back into it our next meeting (December 9th) is in town (my house)... drop in and have a coffee and some of my wifes christmas cookies (she's been baking up a storm!).

Hope to actually see you again soon.

Alan

Edited by AON

On 11/25/2018 at 4:46 PM, AON said:

DEREK!!!

Nice to read from you again.

You missed a couple of really good local club meetings... building model display cases by Ray (unbelievable) and resin casting by Hugh (seemed easier than I could imagine).   https://modelshipwrightsofniagara.weebly.com/

Brendon's 3D cannon prints and your naval gun kit inspired me to build one.

If your looking for a reason to get pushed back into it our next meeting (December 9th) is in town (my house)... drop in and have a coffee and some of my wifes christmas cookies (she's been baking up a storm!).

Hope to actually see you again soon.

Alan

Hi Alan,

I seriously considered coming to the next meeting.  However, we have my wife's Christmas party Friday night and mine is Saturday night.  We are out of town for two nights. I may still try depending on when we get home.  I would like to be there to see the gang again. Fingers crossed