Medway Longboat 1742 by pwallace2 - 1:24 Scale

Thanks or the poke. I finished up to chapter four and am in the middle of a move to Portland OR.  The longboat is safely packed while we find place to live.

I am looking forward to the opportunity to make a new boat room. I have the small sherline inspired CNC mill running which was useful in building some jigs and the taig lathe which finely got some use turning down the little longboat parts and some spars. 

I was really afraid of the metalwork so it took me some time to drill the holes around the mast support and test the limits of blacking.

It would be nice to have a way to display finished projects so I can finish this boat and rigging the Swift/bounty projects and start thinking about the next build. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/1/2019 at 7:04 AM, Chuck said:

Elmers wood filler.  It is the perfect color match for yellow cedar.

Just checked Amazon, there are lots of versions of Elmers, is one in particular a best match for our yellow cedar?  

Regards,

Glenn

Current Build: HMS Winchelsea
Completed Builds: HM Flirt (paused) HM Cutter CheerfulLady NelsonAmati HMS Vanguard,  
HMS Pegasus, Fair American, HM Granado, HM Pickle, AVS, Pride of Baltimore, Bluenose

8 hours ago, glbarlow said:

There are lots of versions of Elmers, is one in particular a best match for our yellow cedar?  

Glenn, I used Minwax Natural wood filler on my Longboat.  It was a perfect match to the yellow cedar.

Ryland

Member - Hampton Roads Ship Model Society

- Ship Model Society of New Jersey

- Nautical Research Guild

Current Build - Armed Virginia Sloop, 18th Century Longboat

Completed Build - Medway Longboat