Friech Boeir Yacht SPERWER by Kortes -1:30 scale - FINISHED

Kortes, 

Beautifully executed, superb attention to details. You have done a great job on this ship

Marcus 

Current Built: Zeehaen 1639, Dutch Fluit from Dutch explorer Abel J. Tasman

Unofficial motto of the VOC: "God is good, but trade is better"

Many people believe that Captain J. Cook discovered Australia in 1770. They tend to forget that Dutch mariner Willem Janszoon landed on Australia’s northern coast in 1606. Cook never even sighted the coast of Western Australia).

Congratulations on completing this beautiful model Alexander.  I missed the beginning of this build log, so over the past couple of days I have read it in its entirety.  Like your wonderful La Jacinthe - it is the work of a master modeler and a museum piece.  Thank you for showing the details of how you built it.  Your work is inspirational.

Gary

Current Build   Pelican Eastern-Rig Dragger  

Completed Scratch Builds

Rangeley Guide Boat   New England Stonington Dragger   1940 Auto Repair Shop   Mack FK Shadowbox    

In conclusion, my dear friends, I would like to show you the showcase in which "SPERWER" will be stored.

I ordered it from Sergei Fedorenko, who has made it in the best possible way, everything is according to the drawing and the quality is excellent.

As agreed, he sent it to me  in disassembled boards. I assembled it in place.

The showcase was made from 3 parts. The base was made from DSP, the hull, the supporting fixture and the removable cover. The base is covered with green cloth.

LED lighting on adhesive tape. Wiring is in one of the racks and under the batten of the cover.

My best regards Alexander.

IMG_9003_1.JPG

IMG_9132_1.JPG

IMG_9766f.JPG

IMG_9780f_1.JPG

IMG_9793а_1.JPG

IMG_9837а_1.JPG

Edited by KORTES

Very nice presentation and glass-case !

Me personally, I dislike, however, the cold-white LEDs, they give everything a 'clinical' or 'industrial' aspect. I prefer warm-white LEDs at 3600K, more compatible with a comfortable living environment.

wefalck

panta rhei - Everything is in flux

M-et-M-72.jpg  Banner-AKHS-72.jpg  Banner-AAMM-72.jpg  ImagoOrbis-72.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Dear Alexander,

Congratulations, you built a truly fantastic model! We actually own a sister-vessel of the Sperwer from the same Frisian ship-builder, called Maartje. A few of the pictures in this bog (the ones in the boat-house) are actually from our boat.

Should you ever consider finding a new home for the model...... Please let me know

All the best, Arjen

• 2 months later...

I'm sorry I missed this model until now. How wonderful. I love the techniques you use with the simplest of tools. Your work is a real inspiration to me for my next build.

Tony