USS Missouri BB-63 by Rick Bauer - Trumpeter - Scale 1:200 - 1945 at WWII Surrender Ceremony at Tokyo Bay - built for donation to a museum

"Let us pray that peace be now restored to the world and that God will preserve it always. These proceedings are closed!"

- General MacArthur, September 2, 1945, aboard USS Missouri in Tokyo Bay

In dedication to the service of my late father, Colonel Charles J. Bauer, who served in WWII, Korea, and Vietnam in his 33-year career, I am building this model of the BB-63 as she looked on September 2, 1945. The build is being sponsored by several companies, and more information will be forthcoming as she begins to take shape.

I am starting with 3 sets of the Trumpeter 1:200 Missouri, photo-etch materials, and other equipment. I plan to build two (2) complete models of BB-63, one of the museum (to be named later), and one for my home. The date of the presentation of the finished model is September 2, 2020, which will be exactly 75 years since the end of WWII occurred.