Scrolling tab color

rwiederrich

Scroll tab? Do you mean the bar that slides down the right hand side of the screen?

If so, I'm pretty sure that isn't a website issue, and it could be coloured dependent on the theme you're using. Have you tried using a different site theme, using the button/menu at the bottom of the screen? 

Screenshot 2018-12-10 at 18.47.44.jpg

3 hours ago, James H said:

Scroll tab? Do you mean the bar that slides down the right hand side of the screen?

If so, I'm pretty sure that isn't a website issue, and it could be coloured dependent on the theme you're using. Have you tried using a different site theme, using the button/menu at the bottom of the screen? 

Screenshot 2018-12-10 at 18.47.44.jpg

Yes...that bar is not highlighted so it is the same color as the background image and it is nearly impossible to see on my work computer.

Rob(Can I fix it?)

Hi Jim, I also support Rob's suggestion.  However, I think most of us have selected a theme based on how we prefer to use the site and which best suits our needs, so changing to another simply to fix one feature is not really the best option I think?  I have also experienced this 'loss of the bars' at times, especially if I have multiple windows open.

For some reason, graphic designers of late seem to have forgotten some of the basics about contrast, colour schemes etc to provide ease of viewing//reading (not just websites but business cards, flyers etc etc also).  How difficult it is, all too often these days, to make out low contrast small lettering on many designs and webpages - with my aging eyes at least -  it seems that readability has a much lower priority to the latest cool colours ?  RANT over :)

Some smaller visual components, such as scroll tabs (side and bottom bars) are one of the victims in this obsession; thankfully you guys addressed the font colour issues early on).

All that said, and as Rob signed off with, I am very appreciative of the job you guys do and overall the scheme options are good; just a few tweaks here and there would improve them for older eyes though :).  One other example being it is sometimes (for me anyway) to make out links in text as it is the same colour.  

Another happy user, and these comments are simply offered as suggestions, not criticism.

cheers

Pat

14 hours ago, rwiederrich said:

Yes...that bar is not highlighted so it is the same color as the background image and it is nearly impossible to see on my work computer.

Rob(Can I fix it?)

I see you are using Chrome, on a Windows-based system.

Perhaps changing the theme of your browser or a possible plugin/setting will change it?

MSW has zero control over how your browser works with viewed content such as this website. 

Check these links for more help:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/scrollbar-customizer/flffekjijpabhjgpoapooggncnmcjopa?hl=en

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/75s7OsukrVY

2 hours ago, James H said:

I see you are using Chrome, on a Windows-based system.

Perhaps changing the theme of your browser or a possible plugin/setting will change it?

MSW has zero control over how your browser works with viewed content such as this website. 

Check these links for more help:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/scrollbar-customizer/flffekjijpabhjgpoapooggncnmcjopa?hl=en

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/75s7OsukrVY

Thank you so much......

Rob