having just recently retired I have gotten back into ship modeling that I used to do in my younger years Im looking for advice on which model to do next. I have set my sites on the "bounty" but cant decide between the ocre or the atisania latina build. Any help would be appreciated   { I have recently completed the ocre "terror" at 1/64 and the artisania latina " Virginia" and "bluenose 2"

thanks for any advice

Hi, Scott!

Not to confuse the issue, but have you considered any of the other Bounty kits out there, e.g. Amati, Billing Boats, or Caldercraft? I haven't built any of them, so I can't offer an opinion one way or the other.

Chris Coyle
Greer, South Carolina

When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
- Tuco

Current builds: Brigantine Phoenix, Hawker Hurricane

:sign:

Do have a look at the manufacturers as AL and Occre are very similar.   Occre was started by former designers of AL when the owner moved the company to Vietnam.  So there will be differences.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

thanks for the welcome and the advice.  think i will go with the A.L. bounty as i can get one from amazon with quick delivery and the price is better than if i order direct from A.L. directly {?}. 

what do you think of the sails they provide ? i have used them on my last 2 builds and they actually look pretty decent once you darken them up a bit. i think i would feel bad not using them as they seem to put a fair bit of work into them.

scott