cats

michael mott

He looks like he has found the perfect place to monitor where you are browsing. kind of the same as some cats do when they insist on laying on any papers or books that you have open in front of you. Just his way of making certain you are only looking at cat approved sites!:D 

WP_20191111_14_35_53_Pro.thumb.jpg.3434ecba2aeeaab64009dc1fe6ceb1e6.jpg

Peanut owns Interaction Hobbies....  we just work there. This little guy has a huge carbon footprint for his size.  Two baskets in the shop, 3 cat towers. A full blown attached catio, two litter boxes (house and shop), treat station, 30% of usable desk space for baskets, two couch "poofs" for watching TV and a custom console basket for traveling in the minivan!

1 hour ago, NRG OFFICE MANAGER said:

I would swear that his feet weigh 50 lbs each!!

My cat at six years old weighs seven pounds, my dog at four years old weighs about 18! They both like to lay on laps. Guess which one's paws make more of a dent? But at night the dog is content to lay NEXT to one or the other of us. But the cat insists on WALKING ON  at least one or the other and finding a place where she can lay down ON you and go back to sleep!

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, lmagna said:

Guess which one's paws make more of a dent?

Not only that but they have to knead you first!

Our long deceased cat used to love lying on my chest while I was asleep, a cats face inches from yours when waking up in the night is very disconcerting. 

Edited by Edwardkenway

We used to have a black cat with white feet named Bootsie.  This cat would completely disappear somewhere in the house.  We couldn't find her no matter how hard we tried.  One day I heard a loud crash from the laundry room.  I ran down to the basement and there was Bootsie with a couple of ceiling tiles on the floor.  Apparently she would jump up on the washer or dryer and then up on top of the freezer.  From the top of the freezer, she was able to push up a ceiling tile and sneak up there for a nap.  She eventually got too heavy for the clear plastic tiles that covered the lights and when she tried to walk across one, she and the tile came tumbling down!

10 hours ago, Edwardkenway said:

a cats face inches from yours when waking up in the night is very disconcerting

Been there, done that. Our present cat does exactly that with our youngest child, (14) on most nights, about three inches away from his face. Neither one of them seem bothered by it. The cat gets all of the bad breath, and the kid gets cat hair!:( The cat will raise her head when I come in at night to check before going to bed myself, but never shows any inclination to move to a different location. 

• 2 weeks later...

In some cases, a cat is very fortunate to have nine lives.  A case in point, when my youngest sister was about three years old, she decided one summer morning that our kitten needed a bath.  After the bath, which the cat noisily objected to of course, she got another not so bright idea.  She tried to dry it off by tossing it into Moms’ brand new front loading clothes drier!  While that in itself was bad enough, she managed to actually turn it on!

There ensued an extremely loud howl by the cat, which caused the rest of the family to rush to the source of the racket.  My other sister was the first on the scene and she immediately opened the drier.  That cat was just a streaking blur as it ran through the house and disappeared from sight. 

So now all of us went in search of said blur.  After a good half hour hunting through our tiny 1000 square foot ranch home, the cat was finally located hiding in a dark corner under our parents’ bed.  Despite much coaxing, the cat refused to come out by hissing at anyone that even came close.  It didn’t calm down until late that evening when apparently hunger got the better of her, and she slunk cautiously to her food dish while avoiding everyone.

After a few days, the cat finally began to warm up to the rest of us, but she never did let my little sister get anywhere near her again without hissing and running away.  Smart cat!

• 2 weeks later...