18th Century Armed Longboat by Tiger65 - Finished - Model Shipways - Scale 1:24 - Small

I don't know how I missed your post yesterday. Your model has really turned out quite nice! I had the same problem with the gaff jaws, one of the few aspects about this kit I find curious. Had I known you needed belaying pins I could have sent some to you. If you got the 14mm size you'll be in good shape, if not let me know. You're in the home stretch now!

Thanks Arthur but I have ordered the 14mm's, based on your earlier post.  I am somewhat disappointed in the kit details on this boat.  MS missed several items, some of which I remember as: mis-naming some of the metal work, wrong size mast or wrong size mast accessories and wrong size rope.  I haven't noticed these issues on other MS kits. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the positive comments.  Paul, I am struggling with what's next.  I really don't look forward to starting one of the big ships but I have done most of the smaller boats.  Maybe some rum or grog will clarify things.

Thanks again for the compliments.

Edited by Tiger65
Typo