Sjors

Smit Rotterdam by Sjors - Billing Boats - 1:75 - Sea tug

Thank you all.

I place the truster housing.....

That thing that goes around the propellors 🙂

The propellors are dry fit so when I have placed the rudders ,maybe I can start with the paint job....or not.

We will see!

Sjors

S2340009.thumb.jpg.f208f8c73653679fe0c932f6e3fe55f8.jpg

S2340010.thumb.jpg.a81ba96fc63f13e83a7c03f1ab3938c1.jpg

she's coming along quit nicely Sjors............but what can you expect from your third......fourth ........or even fifth time around  :)  :D    copper or black for me on the props.   don't think they are like aircraft,  and have yellow tips  {I know.........just funn'in}.   super nice job!  ;) 

Hi Sjors!

Nice looking boat you're building!

I noticed you referenced me the other day, asking about the colours of the propellors and I was thinking of the best way to respond.... then I remembered my profile picture, and figured that it would make a good example for you. The famous picture of me standing in the Kort nozzle. That prop is a typical manganese-bronze alloy prop after a few years work.

Then I also remembered that I had another dry dock picture of another ship with a prop of a different metal alloy. I can't remember offhand what the metal was (not stainless steel though), but it's also been through five or six years of work since its last polishing.

Hope this helps!

Andy

IMG_2374.JPG

IMG_1109.JPG

Done something more......

It looks dusty and it is dusty.

When everything is on it I will re-paint everything again.

I believe it's more painting then building!

But ok, it will do.

I have make the rubbing strikes.....towing support en an other few things that you don't see.......

Sjors

194664233_Towingsupport.thumb.jpg.89d74213c2acad2c9e7a5b22afc46a04.jpg

1290931532_Rubbingstrakes.thumb.jpg.4c40d39107f5d79574b16731d7a19f0c.jpg

69126471_Rubbingstrakes2.thumb.jpg.c4c959ce70926e298640ec6f6ba41c85.jpg

rudders.thumb.jpg.943f345ce77baa3afe3ee5bd519aaf42.jpg

Edited by Sjors

Thanks Caroline 🙂

long time no see.

Everything allright with you?

I build something else for a while before i go back to the shrouds and ratlines 

Also thanks for the likes!

Sjors

Sigh.....Late to the party as usual! Squeezing in the corner with Carl. 

You have come a long way in a short time , she looks great!

Two things:

1 you need a miniature Sjors and Andy in the prop housings.

2 Make sure you get a motion detector, and maybe some laser guided munitions to keep this one safe.

Feel better my friend.

Sam

Hello Sorjs.

I built this model nearly 30 years ago and I still have the finished model. It is interesting to see how Billings have value engineered the kit over the years. When I built the kit nearly all the hull was planked - none of the large flat plywood panel sections you have had to deal with. As a consequence of the planking solution the hull profile was much less angular than yours. It is a pity that in the pursuit of profits manufacturers are inclined to cut corners on even the less expensive materials. I cant believe that the cost of a hundred of so obechi planks rather than ply would have made the kit uneconomic. 

I hope you health is improving.

Sjors my friend!   So glad to see you here!  I was away from my Victory for about four years but have just returned to it with a vengeance lately.  I've looked at your Aggie and she's fantastic!  Well done! Now looking at this latest build of yours.  Very, very good as always.  I've missed you and your constant encouragement!   Hope you feel better and will be back at the work bench soon!

Patrick