cannot upload photos any more

Drazen

On 1/27/2019 at 10:47 AM, Jim Rogers said:

Worked yesterday for me, you are probably correct in the regional failure analysis.

What exactly is a regional failure? Does this mean something is wrong on the path from my computer to the MSW server? Should I call my ISP or just wait it out. My problem with it continues. It's happening every time I try to upload photos, but not with every single photo. Just certain ones for some odd reason. I have never experienced this problem until this week.

I have been having this problem since Sunday (1/27). I had three photos to upload and it took two but not the third. I have been unable to post any new photos but it seems to accept (i.e. they show up in the upload window without the failure notice) photos that have previously been posted. I have tried changing the settings on my camera (iPhone X) and using other cameras without noticeable success.

1 hour ago, cdrusn89 said:

I have been having this problem since Sunday (1/27). I had three photos to upload and it took two but not the third. I have been unable to post any new photos but it seems to accept (i.e. they show up in the upload window without the failure notice) photos that have previously been posted. I have tried changing the settings on my camera (iPhone X) and using other cameras without noticeable success.

If you don't mind me asking, who is your ISP? Mine is Frontier.

I wonder if there is some glitch along the path from our ISP and the MSW server that's causing the problem? I don't think the problem relates to our personal computing devices at all. it's something else, but exactly what I am not sure.

6 minutes ago, Osmosis said:

Not working for me either. Same error message as above.

Notice that all three of us who currently have the problem live in Florida. Coincidence or something in the data travel path from our ISP to MSW server?

In addition to picture upload issues, mine sometimes also includes connection issues to MSW website. When I try to refresh my connection to MSW, it times out and disconnects. Hours will pass before I can reconnect to MSW. 

CDW,

This is a long shot... but it seemed to work for Osmosis:  Reboot the modem.  The best way I've found is to pull the power and then all of the other cables.  Wait a minute or so and then start by plugging in the cables first and do the power last.   I get issues occasionally where sites don't load and a reboot is what it takes

Also how many photos are you uploading in one upload?  I think there is a limit of 10 per upload. Also if some of the photos upload but some don't in the same upload, check the file size of the photos that fail, they may be too large. 

I have not had any problems uploading photos.

19 minutes ago, Jack12477 said:

Also how many photos are you uploading in one upload?  I think there is a limit of 10 per upload. Also if some of the photos upload but some don't in the same upload, check the file size of the photos that fail, they may be too large. 

Negative. None of those suggestions are the issue. I just had it happen (again) just moments before this reply. The photo that would not upload was a measly 365kb in size. It's something else, some other issue. Going to try resetting my modem as Mark suggested next. 

1 minute ago, mtaylor said:

CDW,

Are they all the proper size?  I have to scale down my photos as the pixel size (w X l) is too high for the site and do miss reducing one when I'm doing a batch.

Mark

I've been using a photo resizer program called Pixresizer since I began having this issue just to rule that out. It downsizes all the photos in a batch to the user defined size wanted. Besides, those of us who have been having this issue just began experiencing it this week. Have never encountered this problem before on this site in the several years I've been a member regardless of picture size. 

Also, I tried rebooting my modem and it didn't solve the issue either. 

The fact that numerous members have experienced the problem this past week and that for some it cleared itself up, and others it did not, tells me there is something else going on unrelated to the individual's computer or files. What exactly, I do not know.

It's been randomly happening to me again as well. 200 error it's called. There seems to be no particular time or reason it happens. I can be uploading photos just fine then bamm...200 error.

Just to be sure, I contacted my ISP support and they ran diagnostics to determine if I had connectivity issues - negative. Connection and speed are fine. So I have no idea except just to live with it.

I think I may have solved this conundrum. Check to make sure you have installed the latest and up to date video driver for your video card. Mine needed to be updated. After I did that, a windows update immediately began and finished updating. I believe this has been the cause of the issue for me...an outdated video driver.

Testing testing. This morning I couldn’t post a photo and got the 200 error message described above. I’m using an iPad. Following the advice of mtaylor I logged out of my account then instantly logged back in ( you have to re-enter your name and your password) and now I can post photos again. Here’s Buffalo lightship #84, sunk in a hurricane.

84283213-85B3-4D3F-B7DC-519208DEB0A1.jpeg

In the lower left corner of your Windows desktop, left click inside the search box then type in "device manager" (no quotation marks). A box with all your devices will pop up. Left click on display adapters and the drop down option will be your video card. Right click on your video card and an option will come up to update your video driver. Click on that option and it will be downloaded and installed. 

24 minutes ago, JerseyCity Frankie said:

14 hours ago I was bragging about how I was able to log off then log back on again and this cured the symptom of not being able to post images. Then I posted the Buffalo Lightship #82 photo.

but now I can’t post again and logging off ten back on again has not allowed me to post photos again this time. imageproxy.php?img=&key=8f45093723bba175

7881D727-D7BA-4C83-A2E1-B2A845B99DBE.jpeg

Yeah, my video driver efforts failed to prevent the 200 error as well. 

Oh well...it's not happening on every photo upload attempt, just on some.

I got the 200 error yesterday on three out of four photos I attempted to post. I tried repeatedly with the three that wouldn't without success but the one that did upload did so on the first attempt.........just now tried again and the three that wouldn't uploaded did so without a hitch. 

Edited by Keith Black
additional comment