HM Cutter Cheerful 1806 by bartley - FINISHED - 1/48 scale

Post 72: Final Touches

The Stanchions were turned using a hand drill, small chisels and needle files;

_MG_6373.jpg.8a85489ac43f175378cf0804b9c5b572.jpg Syanchions.jpg.d9c467c5b61f5ee8daaf2634999806e4.jpg

The flag was printed on tissue paper.  At first I tried printing on both sides using registration marks but exact alignment was still this difficult as the tissue paper moves slightly in the printer.  So in the end I used Chuck’s method of printing on one side only and spraying with matt fixative.  The flag was then folded over a short length of 0.2 mm thread and attached to the flag halyard:

Flagwithaligment.jpg.d57bd297b243d3c8bca958b0ab756dbd.jpg flag.jpg.7116cbd17311c26a6c5169fe71783689.jpg

Now , a few photos of the completed model

1589392004_FullSideView(mounted).thumb.jpg.594f5dd97d5e51f9c6f84de3316aa071.jpg 2118160207_SternView(mounted).thumb.jpg.80bab4c45ce590903352dd5fdf6a78c0.jpgOverhead.jpeg.e06c58bcf181601f002270149326aebb.jpeg

John

Edited by bartley

Current Build:

Medway Longboat

Completed Builds:

Concord Stagecoach

HM Cutter Cheerful

Royal Caroline

Schooner for Port Jackson

Absolutely beautiful…you did such an excellent job on the Cheerful.  I hope you enjoyed the project.

Thanks Dodgeyhack, Chuck, and all of the other "likes".  Yes, Chuck, I found it a very satisfying build and I certainly learnt a lot.

John

Current Build:

Medway Longboat

Completed Builds:

Concord Stagecoach

HM Cutter Cheerful

Royal Caroline

• 2 weeks later...

Great work John. Beautifully done. I am still working on my Cheerful and very behind on my log. I stay home all of the time except Dr's appointments and yet I contracted the Covid crap. After getting from the hospital. I have not felt like doing anything. Just no energy. They say it will pass but could fool me.When it does, I will get back her.

In any case nice work

Ric

On 2/3/2022 at 7:10 AM, oldmate said:

Great work John. Beautifully done. I am still working on my Cheerful and very behind on my log. I stay home all of the time except Dr's appointments and yet I contracted the Covid crap. After getting from the hospital. I have not felt like doing anything. Just no energy. They say it will pass but could fool me.When it does, I will get back her.

In any case nice work

Ric

Thanks, Ric.

I know the feeling as I am hospital myself at the moment, though not with Covid.  However, it is still frustrating as I would like to start on another model.

Regards,

John

Current Build:

Medway Longboat

Completed Builds:

Concord Stagecoach

HM Cutter Cheerful

Royal Caroline

On 1/25/2022 at 1:46 AM, glbarlow said:

Congratulations on finishing your Cheerful. It looks great. 

Thanks for your kind comments, Glenn.  I am in hospital at the moment so this is the first chance I have had to respond. Hoping to get on to another model in a week or so, maybe the Longboat. Unfortunately there are shipping issues from the US to out here at the moment because of Covid.

Thanks, again,

John

Edited by bartley

Current Build:

Medway Longboat

Completed Builds:

Concord Stagecoach

HM Cutter Cheerful

Royal Caroline

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...