Mamoli HMS Victory 1/90

My momma told me no question is stupid, here we go.

Have completed plan #1 & #2 on mamoli's victory had a minor error on the stern gallery and had to redo all went well.

Question starting plan #3  start of planking: it calls for #83 & 84 lime MEAS 1,5X5 the 1X5 is width and thickness the other 5 is confusing can someone explain to a mentally defecient modeler as my self the 2nd 5.

Thanks

John Allen

Current builds HMS Victory-Mamoli

On deck

USS Tecumseh, CSS Hunley scratch build, Double hull Polynesian canoe (Holakea) scratch build

Finished

Waka Taua Maori War Canoe, Armed Launch-Panart, Diligence English Revenue Cutter-Marine  Model Co. 

Try replacing the "'," with "." and it'll make more sense:  1.5X5 - It is just a different notation for the decimal point.  Definitely not a stupid question, just a translation issue.

By the way -  it'd be great if you could start a build log for your work.  We love to see other builders progress around these parts!

Bob

Current build -- MS Bluenose

Future build - MS Flying Fish

"A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for." - William G. T. Shedd

Bob,

Thanks for the reply finally makes sense.

born in Wareham mass and raised in Groton.

John Allen

On deck

USS Tecumseh, CSS Hunley scratch build, Double hull Polynesian canoe (Holakea) scratch build

Finished

Waka Taua Maori War Canoe, Armed Launch-Panart, Diligence English Revenue Cutter-Marine  Model Co. 

Hello, John, and welcome aboard!  Grew up in Connecticut - lived in Groton for many years.  Glad to see folks from the old stomping grounds!  Ditto what Bob suggested - start a build log when you get a chance.  It is a great way to learn from the folks here.

Wayne

Neither should a ship rely on one small anchor, nor should life rest on a single hope.
Epictetus

Thanks to all will be posting build log.

Have only 2 bulds prior to this

Diligence, and armed launch both wood

John Allen

On deck

Finished

• 4 years later...

Hello fellows , I'm a retired VIetnam Vet and have started a Mamoli HMS Victory a year ago and due to a move have recently created my new shop and began at the ship , I'm only at the deck planking ,my problem  is that I have misplaced the construction plans , I have table 1and 2 and a full sheet drawing which I imagine a can work my way through if necessary   Was wondering where I could get a complete set of plans ... I live in Marin co. Cal  , near Sausalito .. 

Rotten,

Have plans can send them you copy and send back let me know

John

John Allen

On deck

Finished

PLEASURE  to meet you , i am new to this space , still trying to navigate and will provide a profile when i can figure out how, 

i guess a ship log is in order ,  

looking forward to working on this model , i have attempted others  , but unable to complete them , working and my wife and i raising 3 daughters

kids are grown , unfortunately separated from wife now , but now have a wonderful shop and plenty of time , retired electrician ,,,

John,

This is a very good site I have asked help for a problem many times and have always received the proper advice from a fellow modeler. Good bunch of folks even the old cranky ones.:D

John Allen

On deck

Finished

Bill,

All of us I consider it the MSW crank Club all over 55 I hit 70 in a couple weeks, I got cranky when my bank called me when I turned 55 and said I am eligible for senior citizen silver checking, and when I entered a restaurant or store back then and they said your eligible for a seniors discount.

I'd show my righteous indignation I'm not a senior I'll pay full price. Stayed cranky ever after :angry: but now I enjoy receiving those perks even 10 bucks off my 5th hair cut.

I'll exempt you just do not look like you could ever be cranky. ;)

John Allen

On deck

Finished