18th Century Armed Longboat by Arthur Wayne - FINISHED - Model Shipways - Scale 1:24 - Small

• 3 months later...

Arthur, 

Can you help me understand where the Flag Halyard is meant to be rigged?   Or point me to a reference?   The instructions mention the Ball truck but then never return to it.   Ive scoured pictures but can't figure out exactly where this line is being attached down at the hull. 

Thanks.

40 minutes ago, Justin P. said:

Ive scoured pictures but can't figure out exactly where this line is being attached down at the hull. 

Justin, the flay halyards are belayed to the amidship shrouds on the Medway Longboat. They are tied off to the shrouds with coils of rope. I would assume that this model uses this method the same as on the Medway Longboat.

IMG_9341.thumb.JPG.21951beedc373fa60c26088dd752ba7d.JPG

Bob Garcia

"Measure once, cuss twice!"

Current Builds: 

Hms Brig-Sloop Flirt 1782 - Vanguard Models

Pen Duick - Artesania Latina 1:28

Completed: Medway Longboat 1742 - Syren Ship Model Co. 

Member of the Nautical Research Guild

4 hours ago, BobG said:

I would assume that this model uses this method the same as on the Medway Longboat.

Thanks Bob, 

I wouldn't assume much from this model.   The instructions are good, but sequencing is confusing and some elements are half completed or ignored completely so there has been some guess work.   Thankfully a essential third-party resources (of which of course is MSW) have gotten me through the vast majority of it.   Thanks for the reply.

• 7 months later...

Hi Arthur,

When you described installing the bulkheads, you mention making adjustments for those that were too low (I assume fell below the bearding line). I have the same issue and I'm wondering what adjustments you made for these. Did you remove material from the outboard side of the bulkhead? Would that work if the bulkhead is low on only one side (i.e., would it make the frame unsymetrical)?