New England Stonington Dragger by FriedClams - FINISHED - 1:48 POB

Just read through the entire log in one sitting - what a super build - you have captured the atmosphere of this working boat so well; I have learned a great deal from the skills you have demonstrated.  May I also say that your presentation of the build with it's outstanding photographs and notes adds enormously to the enjoyment. Congratulations, and thank you!

Edited by FlyingFish

Andy

'You're gonna need a bigger boat!'

Completed Build: Orca from the film 'Jaws'.

Current Build: Sailing Trawler Vigilance BM76

• 1 year later...

Hi Gary, I was happily directed to this build log from a different log. I am making today's comment to make sure you are familiar with an article that appeared in the January/February 2023 edition of Wooden Boat, entitled "The Wizards of Stony Creek". It talks about Johnny Waters and his various boats (including oyster draggers) in the area of the Thimble Islands on the Connecticut coast. You seem to be someone who would be interested in the article. Enjoy!

JD

Current build: Schooner Mary Day (scratch)

Previous builds:  Model Shipways Pride of Baltimore 2, Amati HMS Endeavour, Midwest Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack, Bluejacket America, Midwest Sharpie Schooner

7 hours ago, jdbondy said:

January/February 2023 edition of Wooden Boat, entitled "The Wizards of Stony Creek"

Thanks JD, I'll be sure to check that out.  I subscribed to Wooden Boat for years - it's such a great magazine.  Actually, I don't know why I stopped getting it.  Maybe time to re-subscribe.  Thanks again.

Gary

Current Build   Pelican Eastern-Rig Dragger  

Completed Scratch Builds

Rangeley Guide Boat   New England Stonington Dragger   1940 Auto Repair Shop   Mack FK Shadowbox    

• 6 months later...