AMT 1923 coke delivery truck modified by Popeye the Sailor

thanks Mark.......and thanks to those who hit the like button  :)   the body was fairly easy to replicate......even the taper at the bottom wasn't hard to do.

I had fun doing it......the admiral really likes it.  I was looking in Old Model's website this evening,  and I happened to see a Lindberg 1:16 Concord Stagecoach.  I inquired about it......we'll see what happens  ;) 

a huge thank you to all who followed along!  1651023830_Popeyethumbsup.jpg.855181094dc8158b7914bed2d77fbba5.jpg

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

• 11 months later...

I'm sure your wondering why I reopened this log...there is a good reason.   what am I gonna do with all these parts,  that I didn't use?

1573346164_1.jpg.fd62b065c40762ffd90efab6ae2b728a.jpg

having built the body out of wood {about 80%},  I have all these parts in my spare parts bin.    why this came about?..........well,  that's like asking a masked man,  who he is.  *footnote:  that quote came from the movie 'V for vendetta'*  insanity has it's virtues ;)   

anyway........since I still have the tires and rims.......I will use them.

765130353_2.jpg.5f6687d3bbe565394dcfe4e41ff7eceb.jpg

all of the main body parts are here,  except for the fenders and running boards.   these I will have to scratch build...likely from wood......or perhaps even brass.   the body was assembled except for the roof...that will go on later.

130903729_3.jpg.a261fab762ec54e0f396ee3d732da06a.jpg

it shouldn't be too hard to construct a seat.......buckboard style.  the engine you see is the stock engine from the '40 Ford sedan build 'China Girl'........I'm not gonna use it.  I'll do something with the original engine that came in the kit.  I have a front suspension....odds and ends from the Ford kit...but I need to make the suspension and rear differential.  I have no parts for this.  that should be neat :ph34r:  also,  I'll need to make a frame for the body to sit on.   I'm toggling between brass and wood.......I bought one of those brass assortment bags from Micro Mark,  and I picked out all the square hollow tubing.

554320977_4.jpg.f413fe7c7d1f0856fc516a0c3cf293de.jpg

the length at the very front of the pile is small and will fit inside the square stock.  it can be used to strengthen a joint by sliding a piece of it in one and leave enough sticking out to slide another section over it.....weld with solder........kind of like a mending fish plate...internally {best I can describe it,  I'm afraid......I don't speak metal urgy}.   this is where the mad hatter's dream ended..........for now anyways.   never fear.......I'm certain that another fit will hit me,  and I'll pull it back out.......I have it in a small box on the lower shelf of my desk.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch