The Nulli Cedo by peveka - A Dutch war clog - size 5.

That will be the case when the unstable orientation has been achieved, she will still be an Identified Clog maybe Inverted, something like an Identified Turtle Clog

Edited by cog

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

Another chapter in "Down to the Sea in Shoes" perhaps?

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

1 hour ago, amateur said:

dutch flatbottoms always have leeboards

She will have too, be patient!

And she won't sink   :angry:  ! She has a solid hull so she'll float in any position.

Thanks for all the likes!

Cheers

Pieter

Some much wood so little time ...

Current builds: Nulli Cedo, an 18th century Dutch war clog,   HMS Bellona

1 hour ago, cog said:

Whomever said it is a ship of the line, Jan? Nou breekt m'n klomp! One should probably refraini from clogging ...?

I thought so: she will carrying a relatively large number of guns, and the captains quarters are rather undutch in their lavishness.

But perhaps I jumped too quickly to conclusions, and she will be some other type of ship (although: yacht?? mortar could be, but her deck-layout is a bit atypical for a mortar, and she is not watertight enough for a sub, although she might qualify otherwise :) ).

Jan

Hmm... a wooden submarine.  Interesting.   Paint it yellow and sing along.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 11:16 AM, peveka said:

The whole thing makes me think of something out of a SF movie ...

DSC_8891log.JPG.082c131254260960eb85ae17fcb416db.JPG

Yes, but it appears to me that it's a movie about a ship being built by a team of robots who are overly proud of their creation.   They are holding it overhead looking for approval by their adoring fans.

Dave

“You’ve just got to know your limitations”  Dirty Harry

Current Builds:  Modified MS 1/8” scale Phantom, and modified plastic/wood hybrid of Aurora 1:87 scale whaling bark Wanderer.

Past Builds: (Done & sold) 1/8” scale A.J. Fisher 2 mast schooner Challenge, 1/6” scale scratch built whaler Wanderer w/ plans & fittings from A.J. Fisher, and numerous plastic kits including 1/8” scale Revell U.S.S. Constitution (twice), Cutty Sark, and Mayflower.

(Done & in dry dock) Modified 1/8” scale Revell U.S.S. Constitution w/ wooden deck and masting [too close encounter w/conc. floor in move]

Hope to get to builds: MS 3/16” scale Pride of Baltimore II,  MS 1/2” scale pinky schooner Glad Tidings,  a scratch build 3/16” scale  Phantom, and a scratch build 3/16" scale Denis Sullivan.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/15/2019 at 9:45 AM, peveka said:

She has a solid hull so she'll float in any position

I'll better refrain from clogging this log up ...

By the way, any steps made ...

Edited by cog

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

• 2 months later...

I burn about this much wood every year (well mainly from October til April). And that in a part of France where winters don't happen... when we have half a day of snowfall once a year that leaves 1 cm of snow on the street everybody panics ;o) I guess it's a bit different in your part of the world!

Some much wood so little time ...

Current builds: Nulli Cedo, an 18th century Dutch war clog,   HMS Bellona

Lol!  I think that’s the case everywhere!  

I think it’s funny when the news screams “Snowmageddon!” over half an inch of snow.

Edited by GrandpaPhil

Building: 1:64 HMS Revenge (Victory Models plans)

1:64 Cat Esther (17th Century Dutch Merchant Ships)

On the building slip: 1:72 French Ironclad Magenta (original shipyard plans)

On hold: 1:98 Mantua HMS Victory (kit bash), 1:96 Shipyard HMS Mercury

Favorite finished builds:  1:60 Sampang Good Fortune (Amati plans), 1:200 Orel Ironclad Solferino, 1:72 Schooner Hannah (Hahn plans), 1:72 Privateer Prince de Neufchatel (Chapelle plans), Model Shipways Sultana, Heller La Reale, Encore USS Olympia

Goal: Become better than I was yesterday

"The hardest part is deciding to try." - me