The Nulli Cedo by peveka - A Dutch war clog - size 5.

nice model
Converting  a clog was my first attempt to build a modelship (about 50 years ago)
It was from an old clog with a small hole at the bottom ....... 

Ignorant at this young age. I then built my first Vasa model ;)

Regards, Patrick

Finished :  Soleil Royal Heller 1/100   Wasa Billing Boats   Bounty Revell 1/110 plastic (semi scratch)   Pelican / Golden Hind  1/45 scratch

Current build :  Mary Rose 1/50 scratch

Gallery Revell Bounty  Pelican/Golden hind 1/45 scratch

To do Prins Willem Corel, Le Tonnant Corel, Yacht d'Oro Corel, Thermopylae Sergal 

Shore leave,  non ship models build logs :  

ADGZ M35 funkwagen 1/72    Einhets Pkw. Kfz.2 and 4 1/72   Autoblinda AB40 1/72   122mm A-19 & 152mm ML-20 & 12.8cm Pak.44 {K8 1/2} 1/72   10.5cm Howitzer 16 on Mark. VI(e)  Centurion Mk.1 conversion   M29 Weasel 1/72     SAM6 1/72    T26 Finland  T26 TN 1/72  Autoprotetto S37 1/72     Opel Blitz buses 1/72  Boxer and MAN trucks 1/72   Hetzer38(t) Starr 1/72    

Si vis pacem, para bellum

6 hours ago, peveka said:

Going from a clog to the Wasa is sort of a downgrade, isn't it?

;)

Yep,

But. Who can say that he built a wooden ship model when he was 5 years old.

And that capsized at his first voyage.  Just like the real ship. :blush:

Regards, Patrick

Finished :  Soleil Royal Heller 1/100   Wasa Billing Boats   Bounty Revell 1/110 plastic (semi scratch)   Pelican / Golden Hind  1/45 scratch

Current build :  Mary Rose 1/50 scratch

Gallery Revell Bounty  Pelican/Golden hind 1/45 scratch

To do Prins Willem Corel, Le Tonnant Corel, Yacht d'Oro Corel, Thermopylae Sergal 

Shore leave,  non ship models build logs :  

ADGZ M35 funkwagen 1/72    Einhets Pkw. Kfz.2 and 4 1/72   Autoblinda AB40 1/72   122mm A-19 & 152mm ML-20 & 12.8cm Pak.44 {K8 1/2} 1/72   10.5cm Howitzer 16 on Mark. VI(e)  Centurion Mk.1 conversion   M29 Weasel 1/72     SAM6 1/72    T26 Finland  T26 TN 1/72  Autoprotetto S37 1/72     Opel Blitz buses 1/72  Boxer and MAN trucks 1/72   Hetzer38(t) Starr 1/72    

Si vis pacem, para bellum

maybe we should tip-toe on and not disturb the master, so his vains do not clog up from the stress we cause

Fortunately those will be de-clogged within 350 years

Edited by cog

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

2 minutes ago, cog said:

so his vains do not clog up

I had certain veins already de-clogged three times so thank you for your consideration! I will gladly wait 350 years for the next declogafication.

Today Nulli got her first teeth!

The gunports aren't finished yet but I wanted to get a rough idea about the dimensions.

I have put an ancient Dutch coin into this still life to show the scale.

To all the non-Dutch: the coin on the right is a so called dubbeltje (worth 10 old cents) and when you look at the hole in the middle of a random CD you'll see the exact dimensions of this coin. The highly payed and brilliant Dutch engineers who so cleverly designed the CD have been pondering for ages on how big the hole in the middle should be until one of them (without the shadow of a doubt a Nobel-prize candidate) came up with the idea to make it the size of a dubbeltje. This is not a joke. Go check.

DSC_8839log.JPG.80c5dca9aee1e8fbbe2c9644d6141160.JPG

Cheers

Pieter

Some much wood so little time ...

Current builds: Nulli Cedo, an 18th century Dutch war clog,   HMS Bellona

at the top of the page press the down arrow besides your avatar. Select 

'account settings" which opens a new page, select

"signature"

In the text input box type "Current build"

with the link tool you can add a link. save the signature. Go to the first page of the build log which is your current build.. Copy the text in the address bar. Go back to edit your signature. Use the link symbol (chain in the menu bar) past your address into the upper textfield, and put the name in the lower. That should get you what you want

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

3 minutes ago, cog said:

Or do you prefer it in Delft blue, if it's a boy?

Please no ... I am going to paint it though, maybe white with blue stripes? It's funny how ideas keep popping up once you've started a build like this. It's a real challenge ;o)

Some much wood so little time ...

Current builds: Nulli Cedo, an 18th century Dutch war clog,   HMS Bellona