CPDDET

Attention Bluenose builders...

Bluenose ll will be doing the Great Lakes Challenge this year. She will be in Kenosha WI from August 1st to the 4th, which is very close to me. Since I'm building the Bluenose I will be taking lots of photos. If anyone has photo requests let me know.

20 hours ago, CPDDET said:

If anyone has photo requests let me know.

Any photos of the deck and its fittings would be appreciated. (especially views from the deck into any open hatches) I will be going to the TSC in Green Bay WI, but as I'm in a wheelchair I don't have access to the deck itself.  I'm pretty much restricted to taking my photos from dockside.  Similar photos of the Denis Sullivan would be appreciated also, as I would like to make a 3/16" scale scratch build of her sometime.

I just noticed yesterday that Bluenose 2 will be in Toronto in June and my mom will most certainly be making a trip to see her. Unfortunately I won't be able to go myself but I'm planning a trip to see her at her home berth in Nova Scotia in 2020.

One request I would like to make is if at all possible try to capture the planking of the Bluenose 2 hull. With my limited experience I've found that modellers tend to plank to the best of their ability according to the general rules and advice we find online but that means strakes and the like are rather random. It would be great if we could see some images that suggest the planking lines of the Bluenose, although I suspect that may be difficult/impossible. Another request is close ups of the paint on the hull. How smooth is it? Can you make out the planking pattern with the naked eye? Close ups of any lettering found on the Bluenose would be awesome too.

I'm making a list of requests but I won't see her until August. I'll be sure to bring along both a wide angle lens as well as a short telephoto for close-ups. Not sure how much hull planking will be visible. Close-ups of the hull paint and lettering should be easy enough.

Visited Lunenberg back in Aug. 2016 and took a few photos of Bluenose II. These are

the only ones that show the planking of the hull and lettering on the bow. Hope this gets you started.

John

IMG_0033.JPG

IMG_0031.JPG

Great pics! Looking forward to seeing more. Can’t wait to finish up my Spray Boston build and get started on the Bluenose II kit.