HM Cutter Cheerful 1806 by svein erik - 1:48 scale

• 11 months later...

Nice job on this planking. The first belt on the starboard seems really very beautiful.

Jean-Paul

'You are not carving a bear with a chain saw here folks',

Chuck Passaro, ´Queen Anne Style Barge´ manual of instructions

Current builds :

Finished build :

Next on list :

• Santa Maria boat - Korabel (Ukraine) - 1:24

Nice to see another Cheerful underway. I can see you're in great shape for the square tuck

Edited by glbarlow

Regards,

Glenn

Current Build: HMS Winchelsea
Completed Builds: HM Flirt (paused) HM Cutter CheerfulLady NelsonAmati HMS Vanguard,  
HMS Pegasus, Fair American, HM Granado, HM Pickle, AVS, Pride of Baltimore, Bluenose

Good job on the square tuck.  Your Cheerful is coming along nicely.

Ryland

Member - Hampton Roads Ship Model Society

- Ship Model Society of New Jersey

- Nautical Research Guild

Current Build - Armed Virginia Sloop, 18th Century Longboat

Completed Build - Medway Longboat

Very nice job on the planking!!!

MAury

thanks for all the coments and likes... 😊

am getting ready to plank the 2 plank belt , all the tick marks are in place and i also took a control of the run,

wat i can se at the bow is the plank seems to go more upwards then the first belt .

in my 2 belt there is totel of 10 planks if i go dow to 9 i may have to use a drop plank aft, 

i think is going to be to wide ....

20201113_154701.jpg

20201113_154722.jpg

20201113_154835.jpg

20201113_154908.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The curve is too severe on those planks already on the hull.   They should be straighter at the bow....it should follow your lining off if that was correct.   

Chuck

11 minutes ago, Chuck said:

The curve is too severe on those planks already on the hull.   They should be straighter at the bow....it should follow your lining off if that was correct.   

Chuck

thats wat i was afraid of.... lol  i need to ripp of te 2 plank and re do it so it flows strait and follows the marking i made..

It does get a bit tricky at this point, your eyes seem to tell you one thing but that doesn't correspond to the tick marks.  You really have to trust the marks, I found trimming based on the second bulkhead vs. at the bow worked better, plus constantly rechecking the remaining distance. 

Your planking is looking great, nice and tight.

Regards,

Glenn

Completed Builds: HM Flirt (paused) HM Cutter CheerfulLady NelsonAmati HMS Vanguard,  
HMS Pegasus, Fair American, HM Granado, HM Pickle, AVS, Pride of Baltimore, Bluenose

20 hours ago, svein erik said:

the garboard plank

I played around a lot with that plank. It’s a challenge to get it right for sure. 

Regards,

Glenn

some new photo , my eyes diddent want to see wats going on ..... so i have to lay out some tape strips to see the run for the plank

at the bow , i do have tick marks but it seem wrong , the tape helps me on that.

the are 10 planks to the keel inkl. the garboard plank, i can know see were it goes , and it seems i have to place it up wards in the bow to get it 

right for my planks , i may have dunn something wrong with my other planks so i have this problem know...

in chucks photo the garboard plank sitts more aft then mine, maby it dosent matter at this point.....

in one of the photo i mark the garboad plank in red so you can see were it goes.

svein erik

20201124_230726.jpg

20201124_230815.jpg

20201124_230756.jpg

Screenshot_2020-11-24-23-11-51.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again, and tanks for the likes ...

i have just discover something on my plank sheet spreder, 

the provided marker for 5/32 plank does not match the 5/32 sheet (ca 4mm wide) is more betwin 3/16 to 7/32 (5mm)

i think also this my had some impact om my planking since i have used this marker in the prosess ,

se the photo.

20201205_112733.jpg

20201205_112923.jpg

20201205_112953.jpg

20201205_113409.jpg

Aren't you using 3/16th for hull planking?  My planking fan downloaded as part of the monograph only has a pre-defined line for 3/16th.

Regards,

Glenn

21 hours ago, glbarlow said:

Aren't you using 3/16th for hull planking?  My planking fan downloaded as part of the monograph only has a pre-defined line for 3/16th.

yes a do use 3/16 .... i yust some time ago take some messurment from this why.. i do not know..LOL,

in the future i need to check wat i have is correct.... but its to late now so i just has to go with wat i have.😊