Suddenly we are older

How about a few updates here?

When I say "the other day", I could be referring to anytime between yesterday and ten or fifteen years ago.

I run like the winded!

Sixty may be the new forty, but 9:00 is the new midnight.

I don't really mean to interrupt people; I just randomly remember or notice things, get really excited and blurt them out.  (The admiral claims that this one fits me to a T.)

When someone asks me what I did over the weekend, I squint and ask, “Why. What did you hear??”

The older I get, the earlier it gets late.

It’s the start of a brand new day, and I’m off like a herd of turtles.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How about some more quotes from some more old people?

“A stockbroker urged me to buy a stock that would triple its value every year. I told him, ‘At my age, I don’t even buy green bananas.'”

– Claude Pepper

“Good advice is something a man gives when he is too old to set a bad example.”

– Francois de La Rochefoucauld

“If you live to be one hundred, you’ve got it made. Very few people die past that age.”

– George Burns

“You know you’re getting old when you stoop to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could do while you’re down there.”

– George Burns

“Life begins at 40 – but so do fallen arches, rheumatism, faulty eyesight, and the tendency to tell a story to the same person, three or four times.”

– Helen Rowland

“My doctor told me that jogging could add years to my life. I think he was right. I feel ten years older already.”

– Milton Berle

• 3 weeks later...

Personally I don't like the way print is being made smaller day by day and someone keeps sneaking in to my place and moving the floor further down!! There is an up-side in that I can spend time chatting to the young girl on the checkout counter - she thinks "what I nice old gentleman" little realising that in fact it was some 17 year old male chatting her up. 🙂

Rick

Sigh.  I’ve now outlived my dad by ten years.  He lived through WW2 by surviving.  I lived through it by being a little kid.  He flew as a gunner in a Beaufighter, crashed in Egypt somewhere, spent months in a hospital in Alexandria, then In 1944 came home hobbling on two broken ankles.  Four years later we’d built a sailing dinghy together and we were having great fun racing with other members of the Dabchicks Sailing Club at West Mersea in Essex UK.  By then I was twelve.

So ten years ago I was the exact same age as my dad was when he died.  Now, I need to survive another 13 years if I’m to outlive my mum.  Unlikely, statistically, but I’ll give it a go!

What really freaks me out is having daughters who are themselves reaching the age of retirement ...

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...