Finished - Albatros D.V by CDW - Wingnut Wings - 1:32 Scale - Plastic

CDW

12 minutes ago, BLACK VIKING said:

The Camel f-1 and the Fokker v.ii . The next one I want is one of the seaplanes not sure which one yet?

Martyn

Nice! I just ordered the Felixstowe and Hansa-Brandenburg combo. Squadron was offering a 25% discount on anything from their catalog and I couldn't resist. It's rare to ever find Wingnut Wings kits at a discount.

1 hour ago, CDW said:

Nice! I just ordered the Felixstowe and Hansa-Brandenburg combo. Squadron was offering a 25% discount on anything from their catalog and I couldn't resist. It's rare to ever find Wingnut Wings kits at a discount.

I live about 30 minutes from Felixstowe and hadn't even looked at that one 🤔 Definitely will now 

Martyn

Another great aircraft kit  - will be following this one also.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

6 hours ago, CDW said:

The Wingnut Wings Website https://shop.wingnutwings.com/ has massive discounts (many greater than the 25% you quote) for the whole of April while stocks last if you buy direct.

Some of the really expensive models such as the Felixstowe are now more reasonably priced.  I was tempted but I have 2 WNW in my stash and I want to keep to my strict annual budget and besides my stash is getting too big :)

Edited by Richmond

Current Builds

Mikasa by I Love Kit - 1:200 - Plastic

HMS Beagle by Occre - 1:48 - Wood

jeeze.......I haven't browsed Squadron for quite a while now.   I've seen some of the wing nut models......some serious cake there......almost as bad as Eduards.  I don't recall ever building an albatross.......they were extensively used in all the Jastas.   guess I'm just a Fokker kind of guy  ;) 

following along diligently!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

26 minutes ago, Richmond said:

The Wingnut Wings Website https://shop.wingnutwings.com/ has massive discounts (many greater than the 25% you quote) for the whole of April while stocks last if you buy direct.

Oh no! Say it ain't so. I can't look...my budget is busted as it is for the rest of this month, and I won't spend any money on a credit card. For us in the USA, mid April is the filing deadline for our federal taxes and income tax return. Mine is due. 

Glad you're aboard Denis. 

Squadron has a surprisingly small inventory in stock for a major distributor. As many know, Squadron is MMD, the well known hobby distributor in the USA. 

"Just-in-time" ordering is the new normal, so warehouses just don't keep inventory on hand like they did at one point in time. While I've never owned a large business who had to be concerned about things like these, it's my understanding businesses pay taxes on inventory in stock, so they try to avoid that as much as possible.

Edited by CDW

they may beef up during the rest of the year.......but when the tax man cometh,  they slim down  ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

43 minutes ago, CDW said:

Oh no! Say it ain't so. I can't look...my budget is busted as it is for the rest of this month, and I won't spend any money on a credit card. For us in the USA, mid April is the filing deadline for our federal taxes and income tax return. Mine is due. 

Credit cards are the bane of man's existence - I ripped mine up when I was about 19 (many years ago)  

I will not get into my view of tax :)

Edited by Richmond

Current Builds

Excellent work,   doesn't that look realistic  some grand weathering going on there.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

1 hour ago, CDW said:

Thanks for those kind words, OC.

Here are my final pictures for today. Wish my lighting was a tad better.

DSCN2332.thumb.jpg.c2495c80637f8ef0aa95cb7237e99e76.jpgDSCN2333.thumb.jpg.ef67ea34838671458b4c35c1dcd84c1b.jpg

DSCN2332b.thumb.jpg.6609bbf93907219d1da6dc7a28da49f7.jpgDSCN2333b.thumb.jpg.30df929c86c5d8c7e7cf1f6393317e87.jpg

Very very nice my friend.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

Great work Craig the wiring came out perfect.

I'm surprised you are't listing to something like "It's a Long Way to Tipperary" fro inspiration.

For me this works as well:

Looking forward to the coming days and seeing another masterpiece. 

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

16 minutes ago, lmagna said:

Great work Craig the wiring came out perfect.

I'm surprised you are't listing to something like "It's a Long Way to Tipperary" fro inspiration.

Looking forward to the coming days and seeing another masterpiece. 

Thanks Lou. 

I like listening to a variety of music, but blues and rock are my favorites. 

I'm going to try some techniques when I paint this model I've never tried before. We'll just have to wait and see how it comes out cause I really don't know.

7 minutes ago, CDW said:

Thanks Lou. 

I like listening to a variety of music, but blues and rock are my favorites. 

I'm going to try some techniques when I paint this model I've never tried before. We'll just have to wait and see how it comes out cause I really don't know.

Please dont do it blidfolded  - I once did that with darts  - didn't go down to well, when I had to explain that down at the hospital.   LOL.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

23 minutes ago, Old Collingwood said:

Please dont do it blidfolded  - I once did that with darts  - didn't go down to well, when I had to explain that down at the hospital.   LOL.

OC.

I'm going to be using inks and water colors (pencil water colors) to reproduce the plywood look of the Albatros airframe. I've seen master modelers do it and it looks quite convincing. Me?, who knows how it will come out but I'm going to give it a try anyway.

I'll first be laying down a primer coat of Tamiya flat white (I already did that tonight and let it dry), then the inks go on second with some fancy brush work, some stray water color pencil, then Tamiya clear yellow, then clear orange, then regular clear. Phew! 

Looks like you even got the serial number tags on the motor, Craig.   Sweet.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

6 hours ago, CDW said:

I'm going to be using inks and water colors (pencil water colors) to reproduce the plywood look of the Albatros airframe. I've seen master modelers do it and it looks quite convincing. Me?, who knows how it will come out but I'm going to give it a try anyway.

I'll first be laying down a primer coat of Tamiya flat white (I already did that tonight and let it dry), then the inks go on second with some fancy brush work, some stray water color pencil, then Tamiya clear yellow, then clear orange, then regular clear. Phew! 

I have seen this done as well  - look forward to see how it works out for you. I was thinking of trying out the wood grain stencils. Also there are decal options from Uschi and SWS

Really like the dry brush effect . I tried this for the first time yesterday on a Spitfire I am doing and it seemed a bit over done - however this looks perfect.

Current Builds

Craig, the motor looks real. Well done.

I hadn't looked at these aircraft. My last squadron flew SPAD VIIs and XIIIs at the tail end of WWI. (yeah, they're that old).  And their 2 kills were Fokker DVIIs. Looks like Wingnut doesn't make SPADs, but they do do the Fokker. Hmmm....

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

2 hours ago, Richmond said:

Really like the dry brush effect . I tried this for the first time yesterday on a Spitfire I am doing and it seemed a bit over done - however this looks perfect.

I think the finishing touch is the Tamiya dark brown wash at the end. It tones down the bright metal finish and blends it all together.