Finished - Albatros D.V by CDW - Wingnut Wings - 1:32 Scale - Plastic

CDW

Well done!

Building: 1:64 HMS Revenge (Victory Models plans)

1:64 Cat Esther (17th Century Dutch Merchant Ships)

On the building slip: 1:72 French Ironclad Magenta (original shipyard plans)

On hold: 1:98 Mantua HMS Victory (kit bash), 1:96 Shipyard HMS Mercury

Favorite finished builds:  1:60 Sampang Good Fortune (Amati plans), 1:200 Orel Ironclad Solferino, 1:72 Schooner Hannah (Hahn plans), 1:72 Privateer Prince de Neufchatel (Chapelle plans), Model Shipways Sultana, Heller La Reale, Encore USS Olympia

Goal: Become better than I was yesterday

"The hardest part is deciding to try." - me

Great looking build Craig. One can almost hear the wind whistling through the wing rigging.

I do have a question though. Do you know what the device mounted on the upper wing just to the right of center line is? Looks like it possibly is a pitot tube, but I wanted to be certain if possible. I have never seen a pitot tube on a WWI aircraft.

Edited by lmagna

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

2 hours ago, lmagna said:

Great looking build Craig. One can almost hear the wind whistling through the wing rigging.

I do have a question though. Do you know what the device mounted on the upper wing just to the right of center line is? Looks like it possibly is a pitot tube, but I wanted to be certain if possible. I have never seen a pitot tube on a WWI aircraft.

Thanks for the nice comments Lou.

I don't know for sure, nothing in my references tell me exactly what that object might be, but I am guessing it's a vent for the radiator and possibly where the coolant was filled.

I'll bet vossiewulf knows what it is. Maybe if he looks in, he will tell us. 

1 hour ago, jct said:

She turned out really nice

Thanks JCT. Enjoying that RV?

My brother and his wife sure do get a lot of use out of theirs. Almost every time I call him, they are out on a lake somewhere, fishing. That couple love fishing more than anybody else I have ever seen. They are darned good at it, too. His friends kid him and say, "Gene could catch a fish by casting a lure in a bath tub." I can tell you from experience, you can be fishing all day long in your boat, never get a bite, and he will pull up near you in his boat, cast a line over near your boat and catch a fish. 

Absolutely,  nothing better, just me and the pup during the week and the Admiral joins use for the weekend.  She is planning to work through the rest of the year, we may hit the road after that but we will see

On 5/16/2019 at 10:55 AM, CDW said:

I don't know for sure, nothing in my references tell me exactly what that object might be, but I am guessing it's a vent for the radiator and possibly where the coolant was filled.

DUH! It is so obvious when it is pointed out. I feel like I must be keeping my brains in my left foot! If you look at the two pictures you provided one can see the radiator hoses plainly visible going from the engine to the upper wing!

image.png.65ef2972e5e7b64b304dc10892548648.png

image.png.5f83a48668b077e82dba40ca6c0230a5.png

Edited by lmagna

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

2 minutes ago, lmagna said:

DUH! It is so obvious when it is pointed out. I feel like I must be keeping my brains in my left foot! If you look at the two pictures you provided one can see the radiator hoses plainly visible going from the engine to the lower wing!

When I first posted these photos, it made me realize one of the radiator pipes had come unglued from the radiator. It's fixed now. It's amazing what details can be seen in photos that often escape the naked eye.

I'm trying to con the admiral into getting our fishing licences.   I think back to my younger days and how much I used to fish.......all I ever used was a drop line  ;) 

superb gallery shots.........

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

do you mean upper wing?

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

9 hours ago, popeye the sailor said:

I'm trying to con the admiral into getting our fishing licences.   I think back to my younger days and how much I used to fish.......all I ever used was a drop line  ;) 

superb gallery shots.........

I need to check, but I think I may have reached the age where fishing licenses are no longer required in my state. 🙂 It's a benefit of becoming a senior  citizen at some point.

11 hours ago, popeye the sailor said:

do you mean upper wing?

Lower side of the upper wing!^_^ You don't expect me to proof read my comments do you?

Lou

Currant builds:

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

• 2 years later...