safemaster

Reale De France by safemaster - Heller

I started this about 3 months ago after finishing my Victory of 1765, while not up to par with some of the wooden builds I've seen it looks okay

Here's a current picture and the link to my album.

Michael D

20190412-175327.jpg

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipOILn2VCXaodxNscquqLtI5G8q6YXOkR21cmpvKZRI43H-OsgHUANk9p472cH-GsQ?key=OWszVld0a0M4LUZKZnNvTWZ1eC1aSXJDY2FiOF9R

Gidday Michael.

I have been thinking about this kit for a while.

You have done an outstanding job so far.

I look forward to your future posts.

Wishing you all the best with your endeavours.

Mark.

Your build is looking good!

I built this kit years ago.  I had a blast with it.  Unfortunately, it got put in storage for five years and didn’t survive.  I want to build La Reale again one of these days.

Hi Michael,

Very nice job on your Heller kit!

What is the scale you are working with?

Thanks for sharing your photos!

I look forward to following your progress.

Thanks,

Frank

Hi Frank,

Thank you for the complement, the scale is 1/75 and the overall length is approx 34".

The gold leaf is finished on the starboard panels and once I finish the port side I'll glue all these pieces together.

Michael D.

20190430-171458.jpg

Posted (edited)

Thank you Steve,

With the super structure completed I finished modifying the anchor davits, installing the ladders along with the remaining stern decorations. I used 24g brass wire for the ladder supports.

Michael D.

image.thumb.png.780fa325650c0d40126099bb0a41d342.pngimage.thumb.png.d84841afacf760e18040b8958349bef9.pngimage.thumb.png.05281ffe6546d61fe66ced1860490c9d.png

Edited by safemaster

Very nice work!

I love the blue color you chose.

I feel your pain about going blind :)

Congrats!

Frank

Thank you gentlemen for the complements, Patrick your Golden Hind is looking fantastic!! and I like your use of acrylics🤙. Frank the blue is a 3 step process...Tamiya XF-8 blue as a base followed by Tamiya XF-1 black wash and sealed with testors dulcoat.

I decided to ditch the plastic canopy outer supports in favor of 1.57mm brass rod, I also modified the the support post by relocating the support cradle aft and adding some scalloped carving to it, all of this is of course in the dry fitting stage.

Michael D.

20190523-105439.jpg

20190523-105613.jpg

Hi Michael,

Looks nice.

How did you go from the gray color on the starboard side to the nice looking wood effect on the port side? 

Frank