Giampiero: The mail from the U.S. has been very slow of late, and particularly around Christmas and New Year things may take even longer. Even others in the States have had to wait quite a while before their books arrived. I'm sure that eventually your books will arrive.

Hello, today the seawachtbook books arrived, but only 2 of the 3 that I bought, I acquired the 2 volumes of the HMS Auryalus of 1803 and the volume IV of the swan class, it was just missing, the volume I of the HMS Euryalus was missing, the packaging It was intact. I got a relative who lives in the US, called and answered Miss Jennifer who said that next week she would give me an answer, she would verify the payments and why it was not sent. Next week !!!! Anyway, this store It has the worst service, they do not even answer the emails and thus we avoid so many bitter and stress episodes. I will keep waiting for my other book.

20210112_103804.jpg

20210112_103813.jpg

On 11/29/2019 at 9:53 PM, Torrens said:

In the interests of balance, my personal experience of ordering from Seawatch Books has been excellent, from ordering through to the receipt of a book. If a book is in print, I've always received a prompt response every time following the placement and payment of an order.

I do not order books until they are in print. The reason is nothing to do with Seawatch, but because, as they often make clear on their website, they are waiting on authors to deliver before they can start the production process (a frustrating example being Volume Two of The Rogers Collection of Dockyard Models). These delays obviously impact on planned publication dates, so it's always best to wait until Seawatch confirm, via their website, that a book is available.

Anyway, it's good that Bryan received his copy of the aforementioned book as I'm sure he's as delighted with it as I have been!

Edited by Zubzero
All sorted

Hi Jorge,

Luckily,at least you have some of your order,I'm very happy for you. I'm still waiting for the replacement book volume 2 of Speedwell which I was told was being sent one month ago. Original order made 3 months ago. Never known of such poor customer service anywhere.  Far too many excuses are made for this company.

Dave. 

Kurt,

In that case can you explain why the (wrong) book that was sent one month after my order in October only took 11 days to get from the USA to Switzerland. Posted 20/11/20 arrived in my postbox 1/12/20. No 90 day delay in the post there. Just the usual excuses given out.

Incidently,any ideas why it takes over a month for a (wrong) book to be sent after order and payment in October.

Dave.

• mtaylor changed the title to Seawatch

i ordered 2 books on the 18 of november , when i called they said that they were returned to sender so they have sent them to me again , Cathy even gave me a tracking number , i have ordered several books from them now one came within a few days but all the others have taken a little bit of time , but they did get to me and in perfect condition, the books are worth the wait so be patient and you will be rewarded

Got my book! Does the order of the plans matter? Obviously they matter but when I bought the book they mentioned 8 sheet of plans, and while I did get 8 sheets, I got sheets 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, and 10. So I’m missing sheets 2, and 8 if they exist. The book is the 1:72 Young America 1853 book 1, if any one else has this book and plans and could check this is the correct number of plans that would be helpful! 

Bradley 

3 hours ago, Keithbrad80 said:

Got my book! Does the order of the plans matter? Obviously they matter but when I bought the book they mentioned 8 sheet of plans, and while I did get 8 sheets, I got sheets 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, and 10. So I’m missing sheets 2, and 8 if they exist. The book is the 1:72 Young America 1853 book 1, if any one else has this book and plans and could check this is the correct number of plans that would be helpful! 

Bradley 

PM EdT.  I believe those are his plans and he might be able to offer some insight.  He also has a build log on this ship.  Use the search feature and "Young America".   I recall there's a topic on this book but not sure where it is.

14 hours ago, Keithbrad80 said:

Bradley 

Some sheets you need to print yourself.  Sheet 2 is the Shipway Plan drawing and will be found in the Chapter_04 folder on the CD for the 1/72 scale version.

Sheet 8 is the 1/96 scale shipway plans and is also included on the CD and is referenced by EdT in this post in the thread specifically about these books - https://modelshipworld.com/topic/11317-modeling-the-extreme-clipper-young-america-1853/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-687297