DKM Graf Zeppelin by RGL - FINISHED - Trumpeter - 1/350 - PLASTIC

1 hour ago, yvesvidal said:

I will volunteer.... :rolleyes:

Yves

You will give him another display case!!! You are to kind!

I still have a Short Sunderland in  my stack ... waiting for me to finish Seydlitz ... work is interfering again ... yes in the weekends too

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

Amazing work Greg.  What a masterpiece!  Shows how beautiful plastic kits can work into when in a skilled modeler’s hands.  Will look forward to your next ones!

Mike

Current Wooden builds:  Amati/Victory Pegasus  MS Charles W. Morgan  Euromodel La Renommèe  

Plastic builds:    SB2U-1 Vindicator 1/48  Five Star Yaeyama 1/700  Pit Road Asashio and Akashi 1/700 diorama  Walrus 1/48 and Albatross 1/700  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/32  Eduard Sikorsky JRS-1 1/72  IJN Notoro 1/700  Akitsu Maru 1/700

Completed builds :  Caldercraft Brig Badger   Amati Hannah - Ship in Bottle  Pit Road Hatsuzakura 1/700   Hasegawa Shimakaze 1:350

F4B-4 and P-6E 1/72  Accurate Miniatures F3F-1/F3F-2 1/48  Tamiya F4F-4 Wildcat built as FM-1 1/48  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/48

Citroen 2CV 1/24 - Airfix and Tamiya  Entex Morgan 3-wheeler 1/16

Terminated build:  HMS Lyme (based on Corel Unicorn)  

On the shelf:  Euromodel Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde; Caldercraft Victory; too many plastic ship, plane and car kits

Future potential scratch builds:  HMS Lyme (from NMM plans); Le Gros Ventre (from Ancre monographs), Dutch ship from Ab Hoving book, HMS Sussex from McCardle book, Philadelphia gunboat (Smithsonian plans)

• 2 months later...

I’m now torn, I’m awaiting Trumpeter to release the USS Langley and Whilst I’ll buy it I’ll then probably wait for an aftermarket set. 

so, in the interim, a Kirov class cruiser, a Essex class Carrier, a York Class cruiser? A Soviet Cold War destroyer? Suggestions? What would you like to see? 

Greg

Do an Essex class. You're into bird farms. ;)

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

If you decided on the York class, I could email you a pretty detailed set of plans for the 1942 configuration of the HMS Exeter in PDF format in 1/200, 1/350, or 1/700 as part of your research documents.

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

Hi Greg, Yves has offered a really nice option ;)

cheers

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

Greg,

Superlative work indeed - especially in this scale. Your aircraft are also brilliant - WELL done.:imNotWorthy:

Michael

Current buildSovereign of the Seas 1/78 Sergal

Under the table:

Golden Hind - C Mamoli    Oseberg - Billings 720 - Drakkar - Amati

Completed:   

Santa Maria-Mantua --

Vasa-Corel -

Santisima Trinidad cross section OcCre 1/90th

Gallery :    Santa Maria - Vasa

Thanks mate, unfortunately I’m not very good at aircraft but the only way to get better is to do more. I just bought a Essex for $90 (US$60) and now will start storing up an inordinate amount of money on upgrades. @CDW did the same kit a few years ago and I’ve been torn, Infini is bringing out an Exter upgrade, but I just can’t get excited about it. 

the Langley should be good but needs a few years for upgrades. 

Why the fascination for upgrades?; the modern kits are just designed for multimedia; if that’s what it takes to keep it going that’s OK with me. 

im thinking of having aircraft landing instead of a bird park......

Greg

Just now, RGL said:

Thanks mate, unfortunately I’m not very good at aircraft but the only way to get better is to do more. I just bought a Essex for $90 (US$60) and now will start storing up an inordinate amount of money on upgrades. @CDW did the same kit a few years ago and I’ve been torn, Infini is bringing out an Exter upgrade, but I just can’t get excited about it. 

the Langley should be good but needs a few years for upgrades. 

Why the fascination for upgrades?; the modern kits are just designed for multimedia; if that’s what it takes to keep it going that’s OK with me. 

im thinking of having aircraft landing instead of a bird park......

You will likely give me inspiration to finish my Essex once you start this one. I have looked at my poor neglected Essex many times and thought I should finish her. Maybe now's the time.

8 hours ago, RGL said:

I just bought a Essex

Cool. A distant cousin of mine was aboard Bunker Hill (CV-17) at the time of her kamikaze strike.

Chris Coyle
Greer, South Carolina

When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
- Tuco

Current builds: Brigantine Phoenix, Hawker Hurricane

wish these upgrades were around when I was a kid........the experience would have done me good  ;)   you've done so much with them,  I can see your enthusiasm about them.  not only that,  so many models are made from the original molds...half the time they see no updates or modifications,  to reflect newly discovered details about the subjects.  then there's the detail that gets molded to the parts,  without the thought of embellishment.

I look forward to your new adventure.......I enjoy your work :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

• 2 years later...
On 7/18/2019 at 8:44 AM, RGL said:

Hello Greg , first gratulation to these perfect Modell, i am really impressed . Really good Job !  I am decided to buy me the "sister (fake)" from Graf Zeppelin few days ago Peter Strasser from Trumpeter and i want als add some Vehicles and Dolly´s on the Flight Deck. Maybe you can help me? I am looking for these Parts but i couldnt find it. Do you remember the Set number for these items?  Or was these included Graf Zeppelin?   Many thanks in Advance and sorry for my School English :) Greetings from Germany and Happy Eastern

On 7/18/2019 at 8:44 AM, RGL said:

97F72B76-2C7D-45AA-9FD8-965B98193084.jpeg

• The title was changed to DKM Graf Zeppelin by RGL - FINISHED - Trumpeter - 1/350 - PLASTIC