good luck with the orders, all your hard work is very much appreciated 

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Will you update your site web page for Flirt then? I realize I am a few hours early but I don't see a way to order.

Sail on...... Mike         "Dropped a part? Your shoe will always find it before your eyes do"

Current Builds:                                                          Completed Builds:

Lancia Armata 1803 - Panart                                   US Brig Niagara - Model ShipwaysSection Deck Between Gun Bays - Panart  ; Arrow American Gunboat - Amati    

Riva Aquarama - Amati                                           T24 RC Tugboat  ;  Hispaniola - Megow - Restoration ; Trajta - by Mikiek - Marisstella ; Enterprise 1799 - Constructo                             

Chris, would you happen to have any photos that would show how pearwood and boxwood compare in color once they have a clear finish on them? They both seem like beautiful woods to work with but I would like to see what the difference is in color between the two so I could get an idea about how the regular model would look compared to the Model Shipwright model. Thanks.

Bob Garcia

"Measure once, cuss twice!"

Current Builds: 

Hms Brig-Sloop Flirt 1782 - Vanguard Models

Pen Duick - Artesania Latina 1:28

Completed: Medway Longboat 1742 - Syren Ship Model Co. 

Member of the Nautical Research Guild

The website should automatically bring the pages online after 12.00.

Bob, a good example of the boxwood hull planking can be found here, with the Master Shipwright version of Speedy:

Flirt not only has the boxwood planking, but also boxwood laser cut wooden parts.

logo.jpg
Vanguard Models on Facebook

2 hours ago, chris watton said:

not sure Flirt would have had mast hoops

Well, that makes sense - why would it - silly me.

Regards,

Glenn

Current Build: HMS Winchelsea
Completed Builds: HM Flirt (paused) HM Cutter CheerfulLady NelsonAmati HMS Vanguard,  
HMS Pegasus, Fair American, HM Granado, HM Pickle, AVS, Pride of Baltimore, Bluenose

40 minutes ago, BobG said:

regular model would look

I believe James built both a Speedy in Pear and Flirt in Boxwood - could look for those build logs.  They are both nice woods but nothing alike. The pear is more a dark pink (in a good way), the boxwood more yellow and gold. Pear leaves walnut deep in the dust for quality but is not near the cost of the ever harder to find boxwood.  I'm looking to building Speedy in Pear and Flirt in boxwood someday when Cheerful isn't on the bench. Check Rusty's Winnie log, he's building that giant 4 foot monster in pear and has some recent nice looks posted

Regards,

Glenn

Completed Builds: HM Flirt (paused) HM Cutter CheerfulLady NelsonAmati HMS Vanguard,  
HMS Pegasus, Fair American, HM Granado, HM Pickle, AVS, Pride of Baltimore, Bluenose

1 hour ago, chris watton said:

The website should automatically bring the pages online after 12.00.

Midnite in what part of the world? 🙂

Sail on...... Mike         "Dropped a part? Your shoe will always find it before your eyes do"

Current Builds:                                                          Completed Builds:

Lancia Armata 1803 - Panart                                   US Brig Niagara - Model ShipwaysSection Deck Between Gun Bays - Panart  ; Arrow American Gunboat - Amati    

Riva Aquarama - Amati                                           T24 RC Tugboat  ;  Hispaniola - Megow - Restoration ; Trajta - by Mikiek - Marisstella ; Enterprise 1799 - Constructo                             

Technically Chris said after 12, not at 12😁 (I’ll see my myself out for that one).

2 hours ago, BobG said:

pearwood and boxwood compare in color once they have a clear finish on them? 

I’ve never used boxwood (have a small bit of it though in planks and sheets), but I really like the look of pear with WOP. You can take a look at my Alert log to see how it cleans up. I would love to find a source for some pear sheets, Rusty’s Winnie’s

log is amazing. 

4 minutes ago, VTHokiEE said:

not at 12😁

He said 12:01 so .... 😄

Regards,

Glenn

Yeah - no kidding. I'm ready to buy and still don't see the page. It's 12:13am CDT. No purchase options available.

My master Shipwright Flirt has been ordered, can’t wait to see it.

Just as a note my future build log will use James’ photos, otherwise I’ll just feel bad about myself 😂🤣😂🤣😂

Regards,

Glenn

15 minutes ago, ccoyle said:

I'm sure you'll do both Chris and James justice.

Thanks, I’ll do my best to do so. 

Regards,

Glenn

That Cutter is going on my HMS Snake.

Hey Chris, are you going to make other sizes of launches? 

12 minutes ago, BenD said:

That Cutter is going on my HMS Snake.

Hey Chris, are you going to make other sizes of launches? 

Yes, as and when I develop new kits with boats, they will become available to buy as separate accessories. 

logo.jpg

23 minutes ago, amateur said:

Is this a cutter build on aplug?

Looks a very convincing  cutter.

I'm very curious what the next one will be. pics till now looked promising. Little space left in my cupboard, butI might be tempted....

Jan

Yes, the cutter is built on a frame plug, I find it's the best way to plank them.

Just finished the stern area of my next kit, looks OK..... I think you may like it, very different to the other subjects.

logo.jpg

OK, it has been a good while since I did a proper update to this thread, but I have been really busy. As said, I had to sort out Flirt, getting this ready for release, which is imminent, just waiting for manuals and plans.

However, whilst Jim was helping me by building the Flirt prototype and taking the pictures, I was (and still am) busy working on my sixth development. I thought this would be a release for next year, but thanks to Jim's help, and me being furloughed, I now aim for a Winter 2020 release for my last kit in the small/medium size range.

This is part of my original choices when deciding what to develop when first starting out. I only have one plan set showing hull lines and bulkheads, together with decoration detail. Despite there only being this one plan, I felt compelled to turn this into a kit, and the 'balance' seems spot on between hull lines and decoration. I have called the model 'Duchess of Kingston', as it was built for her by JM Hillhouse of Bristol, probably in the late 1770's or very early 1780's.

I have tried to emulate as much detail shown on the plans without too much deviation, and also added a little extra, the upper deck rails being one. It has been a very long design process for such a seemingly simple model, and many things have changed on the way, but the basic hull assembly never changed. I have now designed it so than all areas at deck level and above, both inner and outer, are all pre-cut. This have added much to the parts and materials, but feel it cancels out any ambiguity of port or window opening placements. I decided to maser cut the upper rails as one pieces, as there are so many intersecting parts, making misalignment mistakes a real danger. I have cancelled this out, I hope, completely.

Material quantities are very high (6 sheets of 1mm pearwood alone), but I do not care, I am now happy with the designs, and I am happy (if a little nervous) to show you the result of these designs. The quarterdeck companion does have a spiral staircase, which you cannot really see from the pics.

The model hull is about 90% complete, and still requires more touching up, adding of parts (windlass is dry fitted for pics and deadeyes/strops not yet fitted) and final varnishing. It has a cast resin figurehead and stern decoration, along with new windlass and canopy for the door. It is 64th scale and size wise, it is virtually the same as Speedy, with a hull length of around 450mm.

I will add pics of the laser and PE materials, so you can see just how much is pre cut. I hope you like...

DoK Hull 1.jpg

DoK Hull 2.jpg

DoK Hull 3.jpg

DoK Hull 4.jpg

DoK Hull 5.jpg

DoK Hull 6.jpg

DoK Hull 7.jpg

DoK Hull 8.jpg

DoK Hull 9.jpg

DoK Hull 10.jpg

DoK Hull 11.jpg

DoK materials 1.jpg

DoK materials 2.jpg

DoK materials 3.jpg

DoK materials 4.jpg

DoK materials 5.jpg

DoK materials 6.jpg

DoK materials 7.jpg

DoK materials 8.jpg

logo.jpg

Wow... that looks really nice. Here I was planning on trying to hold out for your bigger offering and now you go and drop something like this! 

What a beautiful model Chris! I'll bet it's going to be very popular. Just curious, do you do your on PE in house? It's very well done.

Greg

website
Admiralty Models

moderator Echo Cross-section build
Admiralty Models Cross-section Build

Finished build
Pegasus, 1776, cross-section

Current build
Speedwell, 1752