excellelent sample of enscribed deck planking on 0,8 mm ply Chris

Looks great

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

33 minutes ago, druxey said:

Were there really mitred surrounds to the hatch and mast openings? Otherwise, that looks very good.

Not sure 100%, but the openings are mostly covered with the laser cut combings and shot garlands anyway. I thought it looked neater than just having the planks terminate to the edges.

logo.jpg
Vanguard Models on Facebook

21 hours ago, Snow said:

Top effort cant  wait to see the rest 

I just bought the vanguard from amati- victory

I read you had a lot to do with her

Good  luck

Thank you!

Yes, regarding Vanguard, that is one of mine. (All of the Victory Models range is)

I threw out the anchor hawse rope I was going to use for Alert and other models, I wasn't happy with the quality as it didn't really match with the rest of the rigging. With that in mind, I will use Chuck's thick rope for the hawse for all kits.

So, I have the boxes made and printed in the Czech Republic, resin castings from Hungary, laser cut and PE parts, some wood and other fittings from Italy, pear and boxwood strip from Germany, rope from the US, manuals printed in the UK, and smaller rigging thread from the UK.

A year ago I was convinced I'd never design, let alone produce another kit again!

logo.jpg

I now have all the parts with me to start making the Alert kits and the 160kg pallet arrived earlier today with photo etch and laser cut parts, It may take some time to sort the kits, a few days I think, but at least I now have everything I need (including Chuck's fantastic rope for the anchor cables), at last!

logo.jpg

13 minutes ago, Haliburton said:

Great news!  Chris for those of us that don’t know the subtle differences in cutter designs, how would you describe Alert compared to Lady Nelson?

Cheers :)

Alert was of a much larger design, being the largest class of cutter. In fact, she was as big as some smaller brig-sloops (Speedy is only marginally larger). Even having 12 6-Pounder guns, instead of the usual 4-Pounders.

ETA - Alert has a much finer hull, a lot less 'tubby' looking than Lady nelson.

Edited by chris watton

logo.jpg

Chris, your news about receipt of everything you need to ready "Alert" for sale to those of us anxiously awaiting her availability is wonderful news.  You are bringing increasing excitement to a lot of folks.   Good luck in your work to put the kits into their final forms!!!!!  Jim 

15 minutes ago, jimvanlan99 said:

Chris, your news about receipt of everything you need to ready "Alert" for sale to those of us anxiously awaiting her availability is wonderful news.  You are bringing increasing excitement to a lot of folks.   Good luck in your work to put the kits into their final forms!!!!!  Jim 

Thank you :) When we have all the parts together and bagged for the first kit, I shall take a pick of the contents and post it on here.

logo.jpg

Spent all day sorting all of the laser cut wood, phot etched sheets and wood strip. Here are a couple of pics of the strip and laser and PE sheets bagged up, ready to go in the first kit box. All of the wood strip will have its part number on the bag, so my wife tells me (she is packing the kits..)

Alert contents 1.jpg

Alert contents 2.jpg

Alert contents 3.jpg

logo.jpg

Now that look's top notch!!! Look's like I'm making a cutter for my next build. :P

I think you might be quitting your day job.  These thing's are going to sell.

Edited by Duncbe

Finally have everything here and first 10 kits are almost ready, so the website is now live. Still negotiating with UPS for better tariffs, which should be sorted very soon. The website is all thanks to Steve Urwin, who has helped me more than I could have hoped.

My wife tells me that she has really enjoyed the time it takes in making up the rigging thread, and didn't curse me at all.... lol

https://vanguardmodels.com/

Right, I can now carry on with Speedy...

Edited by chris watton

logo.jpg

Congratulations Chris, she looks great

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

10 minutes ago, amateur said:

Congrats!!

Hope your business will flourish!

question: did I miss it, or did you not mention the size of the finished model in the description?

Jan

Thank you! The Alert is just under 640mm long and around 530mm high

logo.jpg