Hi,has anyone else had this problem with this company. A copy of the ketch rigged Sloop Speedwell book/plans was ordered on 26th April and credit card payment taken on the 29th April. No acknowlegement and so far no book.

What is up with this company,why can't they email a tracking number to the email address you give on the online order form ? Costs nothing as do emails. No idea if the book has even been sent,but they've got the money. Not a happy bunny :angry:  

Dave :dancetl6:  

Hi Dave,

Search for Seawatch on the forum, and you'll discover that you are not the first with this question.

Seawatch is a one-man company. Not a large amazon-like firm. Apart from the usual customs-damage, postman Pat mislaying parcels, I don't think orders at seawatch have any issues reported on MSW.

Jan

I have had an occasional issue with the website and lack of confirmation of order before.  However every time the order did arrive promptly with no issues.  Now I just order and wait a bit and it always shows up.  The one time I called they were really helpful in sorting out the problem.  

Thanks guys for your comments. I telephoned Bob Friedman yesterday evening who said he'd check into it. He called me back saying he'd spoken to their depot in Blue Springs MO and they said my book was in Zürich. They must have tracking facilities there to know that I assume. Anyway the book was in my postbox this afternoon. Now a happy bunny :) 

Dave :dancetl6: 

Hello,

I know that I have some deterioration in my web site  concerning confirmations but all the documentation for the creation of my web site went up in smoke along with the house , cars and everything else of my web master in the Santa Rosa fire. My little business cannot afford the cost of building a new site so I muddle through with what I have.  I am a one man band and I am sorry if I provided bad service to anyone.  

Thanks,

Bob Friedman

Thanks for the info, Bob, and very sorry to hear of the problem. It must be devastating for you and particularly for your web master. It's really great that you continue to persevere and provide such an excellent service despite it all.

By the way, thanks for the recent delivery of the Hayling Hoy which arrived in perfect nick.

Tony

Hello Bob,

Sorry to hear about your problems with the fire in 2017. It explains why I could not get in touch with you any more. I hope you and Kathy are well and getting back on the rails again. You are too precious to lose.

All the best,

Ab Hoving

An update regarding the Swan series of books. Admiralty Models no longer sells the Swan plans. However Sea Watch Books is looking into producing them. Perhaps Bob can provide an update here when he is gets things up and running normally again.

20 hours ago, dvm27 said:

Una actualización sobre la serie de libros Swan. Admiralty Models ya no vende los planes Swan. Sin embargo, Sea Watch Books está buscando producirlos. Tal vez Bob pueda proporcionar una actualización aquí cuando se ponga en marcha y vuelva a funcionar normalmente.

Hello, I need to buy the plans of HMS Pegasus, I hope they will be published soon.

Druxey is, of course, correct. However, while the Swan series of books addresses construction of the class in general it is specifically geared towards the building of Pegasus (my Swan class model choice). 

Ok, I am angry with Seawatch because of a dispute over an overcharging in April caused by their website failure. After reading this, I now understand and will be patient. The 2 books I ordered by the way were the THE ROGERS COLLECTION OF DOCKYARD MODELS AT THE U.S. NAVAL Vol I and II. Excellent books.

Stephan

Best thing then is to call Bob on phone or send him a PM here on MSW.  His screen name is BOBCAT.  He usually resolves the problem very quickly,  at least in my experience with him.

As a matter of fact, that dispute was resolved today, so end of the story. Again, I had no issue with the books which were promptly sent to me. Now that I read Bob's post I realize the issue was due to a faulty website, which what likely outside of Bob's control.

Bob, what you do is important to us modelers. I will happily order other books from you in the future.

Stephan

Plans published by SeaWatchBooks are researched and based on historical plans in the Royal Museums Greenwich (formerly the National Maritime Museum), but are not reproductions of those plans. The historical plans have copyright.

Yes, the basic framed hull can be, but you will need the museum sheer and profile that show the specific decorations for Pegasus.