Alternative supply for Wood Varnishes.

For my last two models I have used the Caldercraft Admiralty Varnishes at £2.18 for 18mL. Last year I brought samples of floor varnishes for renovating the lounge floor. To be honest I tried Manns Extra Tough, Bona Mega and Osmo Polyx high solid and none of them lasted more than a day with my mad border collies. However, The Manns and the Bona I have kept to trial on my kits. I am currently trying the Manns and have found no difference to the Admiralty varnish. It smells, looks and dries exactly the same, has the same consistency and when dry you cannot tell the difference. Samples of 100mL are available from the website below for £2.25. This is the same as paying 40p for the Admiral. Bona is £3.99 for 100mL and between the 2 makes you get Extra Matt, matt, silk matt, satin, gloss and high gloss. Primers can be purchased at 100mL as well.

As soon as I have completed the deck on my HMS Cruiser I will post and give feedback on how well it has taken.

https://www.wood-finishes-direct.com/product/manns-extra-tough-floor-varnish

Current Build(s):

• H.M.S Diana 1794 - Caldercraft 1:64 Scale

Completed Builds: