Finding sheaves for small functional blocks?

15 hours ago, Altduck said:

Let me give you one more possibility.  Clockmakers supply houses used to carry "bushing wire" which is basically thick walled brass tubing in small sizes.  I don't see it anymore in US vendors' catalogs, but Meadows and Passmore in the UK has this:

http://www.m-p.co.uk/muk/parts/chap10/bushing-wire-x-2pcs-1.75mm-od-0.50mm-id-0558017515.htm

and this:

http://www.m-p.co.uk/muk/parts/chap10/bushing-wire-x-2pcs-2.50mm-od-0.65mm-id-0558025015.htm

They offer a range of sizes from 0.80 mm to 5.0 mm but unfortunately, no 2.00 mm OD but if you can fudge on your scale size a little, you get the rod pre-centerdrilled and just have to groove and part it off.

Good Luck,

Interesting. That thought crossed my mine, but I didn't think anything like that was sold, much less what it's name would be. I found this on Amazon, but it doesn't explicitly mention any diameters. It just says it's for clocks "0.2 MM Upto 4.0 MM". Is that the outside or inside diameter?

No, these are plain wires used as raw materials for various purposes in horology.

The key word would be 'bushing'. When a jewel in a watchplate is worn out, it has to be replaced. Jewels are not set directly into the watchplate, but with bushings. One can obtain tubes to cut one's own bushings or ready-to-use bushings. However, their interior diameter is relatively large compared to the outside diameter, so such bushings probably are not useful for this purpose here.

wefalck

panta rhei - Everything is in flux

M-et-M-72.jpg  Banner-AKHS-72.jpg  Banner-AAMM-72.jpg  ImagoOrbis-72.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So I ordered some sheaves from Cast Your Anchor, in Toronto. The whole experience reaffirms why I hate buying from small shops, especially outside the US. Their website is a trainwreck, but I managed to place the order. Yet two weeks later, no order confirmation, no shipping confirmation. Doesn't respond to emails. This is why Amazon's eating everyone's lunch. They're the only ones who have figured out how to properly communicate and ship products to customers efficiently.